Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Costco SS BBQ trays $16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco SS BBQ trays $16

With banana for scale naturally.
    Attached Files

Hmmmmmmm…………., interesting!

Comment

And I thought you didn't want the banana to fall through the slots.

Comment

My wife gave me those for daddy day and they are a lot heavier than I anticipated. They are a steal at that price.

Comment

Help me out here - what is their purpose? Besides holding bananas of course; I already have a banana rack.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Grilling veggies, shrimp etc. Things that are too small to put on your grill grate. You put the tray on the grill and cook your food on it. The holes allow smoke and heat to pass through.
            Last edited by Panhead John; June 28, 2021, 08:31 AM.

• dubob
            dubob commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Sir. Since I'm not a fan, at all, of grilled veggies, I can pass on this deal with no regrets. 😁

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Shrimp, scallops, anything that would fall thru the grates.

dubob
          Attached Files

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John, you smoked it.

• zinfella
            zinfella commented
            Editing a comment
            What's up with the "Hand wash recommended" remark? Are they not dishwasher safe?

Whoa, whoa dubob , we are all about helping people spend their money here.

Yes, we can do grilled veggies on these.

However, we can also do fish, maybe shrimp, and maybe some small sausages. I personally was thinking French fries or tater tots because I just did those last week and get them crispier. Plus, my darling wife approves as we will no longer have to use the disposable aluminum pans and thus generate waste. So, it's good for the environment too.

Let us know when you get them buddy.

Comment

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Or nuts.

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            Cherry tomatoes, they're a fruit not a veggie.

• JGo37
            JGo37 commented
            Editing a comment
            or chunks of tofu?

Thanks, just ordered!

Comment

I picked up a set.

They also have these. Right handy for carrying meat out to and from the grill. $19.99.

Last edited by HawkerXP; June 28, 2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw those as well, but cookie sheets and other pans work well for me so I skipped them. They do look solid and well built though.

• Like2Eat
              Like2Eat commented
              Editing a comment
              I liked the red/black trays so much that I bought a second set. I agree they are great for carrying meat to and from the grill - very sturdy. They suggest red for raw and black for burn... err cooked meat to avoid contamination.

But I already have a couple of these I use for fish an burgers & such. Does that count?

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              zinfella Couple other things I didn’t like about them, handle gets hot as hell, a pain sometimes to remove food from it if it’s stuck and I couldn’t seal my kettle lid all the way down cause the handle sticks out. I vote we give dubob 2 weeks to show us proof of purchase of the Costco grill plates.
              Last edited by Panhead John; June 29, 2021, 10:07 AM.

• zinfella
              zinfella commented
              Editing a comment
              Panhead John, count me in with that!

• JGo37
              JGo37 commented
              Editing a comment
              yes it counts but only until someone points out an alternative, then MCS starts and you must move on, away from what you have...

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
            Couple other things I didn’t like about them,

handle gets hot as hell

And the baskets don't?

That's what these are for:

a pain sometimes to remove food from it if it’s stuck

That's what this is for:

I couldn’t seal my kettle lid all the way down cause the handle sticks out.

I don't need to seal my gas grill or pellet grill.

I vote we give dubob 2 weeks to show us proof of purchase of the Costco grill plates. Please, please, PLEASE don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.
            Are we havin' fun yet?

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow! Usually most members just roll over and do what we ask. 😂
              Last edited by Panhead John; June 29, 2021, 02:33 PM.

Got a couple thanks

Comment

I have a Weber version of one of those and they do work great for cooking smaller items and veggies. A bit of a hassle to clean but a very good cooking tool regardless.

Now, there's just one thing I need to know. Is that a banana in that tray or are you just happy to see me ?? !!

Comment

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                I married a dishwasher so I wouldn't to worry about the hard to clean items. 😎

Meatloaf. Yes, I am guilty of letting my meat loaf. Baked taters fit too. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210701_204250.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1053536

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Darn sight easier to peel a meatloaf offa dat with a spat, than off wire grates...

• Craigar
                Craigar commented
                Editing a comment
                That was my thinking too. I even neglected to spray the pan before plunking this wad of meat on it and it came off with no problem.

Meatloaf? Did somebody say meatloaf? Love my mexican meatloaf smoked to perfection on my pellet pooper. Shared with my neighbors, of course. Know what I mean Vern?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190516_141245.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	1053656Click image for larger version

Name:	20190516_172339.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1053657

Comment

• Red Man
                Red Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Smart looking meat loaf 😁

• Yohawk
                Yohawk commented
                Editing a comment
                Whoa! That looks awesome!!!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here