Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hank's True Smokers - getting traction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hank's True Smokers - getting traction

I made a deal with a local bbq-oriented grocery store the other day. I know some of the people there, and their #1 meat man knows more than most about meat, bbq and offsets. He will be pitching my smoker (and I think I can sell him one too). They created an awesome spot in the store for displaying my products.

It really warms my heart, let's hope this gets more and more eyes on my pits. Just wanted to let you know things are developing in a positive spirit over here.

Straight up guy, one of the best (Can you believe this guy is 6 years younger than me?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoker1.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	1033089

And here's the raw steel for ya

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoker2.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	1033088

"Honey, will you pick up a smoker while you're getting milk and cereal?"

Gonna drive one over to the west coast of Sweden (just south of Gothenburg) in a few weeks to get it on display there too.

This is great Henrik ! You'll have to let me know when you can get these stateside. I am currently working on opening a BBQ Supply store in Michigan and would love to carry a fellow pit member's products!

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree, super cool!

• IndyBob
      IndyBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you sell online? I’m in Indy and haven’t found a good store for equipment yet.

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry IndyBob, I don't. And freight costs would absolutely be a killer.

Nice,
    Happy offset BBQing
    Last edited by bbqLuv; May 18, 2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Congratulations! So, how long before you are exporting cookers?

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, not sure, shipping is a killer.

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        Henrik
        Well, you could open a factory here, at some relatively central location, such as Dallas, and divide your time between Sweden and Texas. I'm sure you could find plenty of welders to help out.

Wow! Great news!

Now. About them rubs.....we can't get any pork n chicken. Mrs. H just loves that one. How about larger refill packs?

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        That would work. As with other brands (sorry) we just refill the shaker bottles from a bigger bag. Ziploc or vac pac would work.

• mnavarre
        mnavarre commented
        Editing a comment
        For Bonafide a 55 gallon drum should last me a couple of months....

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Henrik
        1 lb., 1 kilo,2 kilo, 5 lb. all are viable options... or anythin in between... works fer me!

I recollect yerself an me discussed this a bit, sometime back, Hank...Ain't bugged ya no more, til tonight, on accounta I know ya been busy, obviously!!!

Ziplock'd be jus Peachy, Keen, Hunky and / or Dory!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 18, 2021, 11:36 PM. Reason: y

Seasonings, cookbook, your own line of smokers. Impressive my friend!

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Richard!

That is fantastic ,,,
      turning your passionate pastime into a career,,,
      you deliver outstanding products

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you 🙏

• Greygoose
        Greygoose commented
        Editing a comment
        You are an inspiration,,,,
        U certainly are for me ,,,,

Wonderful news!

Comment

Happy to see it's coming together.

Comment

There's just no stopping you!

Comment

Congratulations Henrik ! I hope this leads to more business than you can handle, and you have to expand manufacturing operations!

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! Me too!

That is fantastic. Years ago, my wife and I tried doing a craft business in earnest. One of the more validating moments was seeing the stuff on a shelf in an actual retail store. There's a certain feeling of "doing it for real now" when a hobby business gets to that stage.

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes indeed!!

• Clark
              Clark commented
              Editing a comment
              Michael_in_TX I think that the 'most validating moment' should be when you see the product has sold and the shelf is empty.

Excellent news, Henrik! Congratulations!

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks 🙏!

That's great Henrik. I am happy things are going the way you want them to go.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here