Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charcoal sale this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charcoal sale this year?

I wonder if we'll see the usual KBB charcoal sales again. Costco had the Kingsford Professional double bag on sale last week.

I doubt it. Charcoal pickings have been pretty weak for over a year now.

Comment

Ain't no pessimist, by any stretch of th imagination...
      Too clear-headed to be an optimist...
      Reckon I'm summat about a realist...
      An, fer Th Official Record...times like they is???
      I'm guessin "No"...

Comment

Ace had a pretty good deal on B&B Lump, 20lbs for $13. Other than that, KBB seems to have stayed pretty consistent last year for about 40 lbs for around $20 a few times last year. Memorial Day is usually around that time that they put it on sale if they’re going to.

Comment

Home Depot and Lowe’s have always put their KBB on sale the Thursday before Memorial Day and ran it till that Memorial Day Monday. Guess we’ll have to wait till Wednesday to find out. I think that’s when they put out their ads for the weekend. They also have traditionally run those KBB sales for July 4 and Labor Day.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            They did not do that last year during COVID.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Mr. Home Depot himself just called me, I have the inside scoop. 🥸

Yeah, I heard they had real bad crops over the winter. The briquet trees were hit the hardest. It was the Vid, coupled with that Texas storm I hear. 🕶

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            Any idea where I can find a B&B Oak briquette tree? It would need to be suitable for Zone 6. 🙂

• Whiskeyman53
            Whiskeyman53 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's great. I needed that laugh.

For another 2 days Ace has Kingsford Original Charcoal Briquettes 16 lb for 6.99.
          Here in NW Indiana anyway.

Pretty sure Costco just started the $5 off again as well

Comment

• TripleB
            TripleB commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, picked up a few bags. Not counting on HD/Lowes to have their annual memorial day sale. But if they do, I'll probably go down and buy some.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            I have strong suspicions they’ll do it this year. I just feel it.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here