Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grizzly Cookware - 24 hour 24% off sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grizzly Cookware - 24 hour 24% off sale

Just got an e-mail that Grizzly Cookware is having a 24% off sale until Midnight on 3/17. If you haven't seen their stuff before, they have a very small line of nickel infused cast iron that needs no seasoning. I have one of their 12" skillets and love it. It's the only cast iron I use fairly regularly. I wash it with tons of soap, dry it, and throw it in the cupboard.

We design & manufacture 100% American made cast iron skillets and cookware. Buy our high quality cast iron skillets today. Superior cooking performance while easy to clean and maintain. GRIZZLY Cookware is veteran owned and operated.

Attached Files
    Last edited by glitchy; March 16, 2021, 03:07 PM. Reason: Added action shot of my Grizzly.

Man, those look nice, but a little out of my range right now. I have gotten so used to using my old Lodge CI now that it is second nature; we have another set of expensive SS pans that I haven't used in a few years now.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      I see nothing wrong with classic cast iron, I just never seem to take the time to learn the right process for keeping it seasoned optimally. Having the Grizzly makes that even less desirable to learn. I alway end up with sticky spots from a little too much oil or forget that I had one in the oven seasoning - I usually just put pan into 350 degree oven and immediately turn it off. Then I go to preheat the oven for something a couple days later and stink up the whole house.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy I hear you. It took me years amd lots of ruined food to finally get the hang of cooking on ci. I can see me getting one of these pans at some point though. Are they lighter than regular ci?

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      If anything it might be heavier than my lodge, guess I need to weigh them both sometime.

Man, sounds like my perfect pan, but couldn't justify this one to the wife considering what else I'm trying to buy right now lol

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Mother's Day is coming quick, you can buy her the Grizzly ;-) Then she'll be able to beat you with it when the SS MAK 2 * arrives. The blood won't require re-seasoning the pan, it will wash right off.
      Last edited by glitchy; March 16, 2021, 03:51 PM.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      To be fair, I tried to compromise saying I would just get the Super Smoker Box and the Grilla flat top, which would still be cheaper than what I'm doing... but she said no more stuff on the deck. I did plan on expanding the deck but lumber prices are up over 500% so that's a no go.

My knee jerk reaction is that I want it but I took three deep breaths and now I’m content with my current iron...... for now

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, I did the same thing and then bought it. Never told the boss how much it costs. She looks at me funny when she’s cleaning up and I say just leave that pan I’ll take care of that one. If she gives too long of a funny look, I just say because it’s so heavy.

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha. My wife is afraid of ruining the seasoning so she doesn’t touch it. That pitfall I can avoid

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here