Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) - Operation BBQ Relief is Deployed to Houston, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) - Operation BBQ Relief is Deployed to Houston, TX

From OBR:

Reply-To: Operation BBQ Relief <[email protected]>
    Date: Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 12:30 PM
    Subject: Houston Deployment

Click image for larger version  Name:	OBR Houston.jpg Views:	0 Size:	718.5 KB ID:	994140

Deployment to Houston, TX
    Operation BBQ Relief has deployed to Houston, TX to provide the healing power of BBQ to families and first responders affected by the winter snowstorm. Families are experiencing the effects of the snowstorm and in need of meals as the recovery efforts continue.

Operation BBQ Relief is providing compassion, hope, and friendship to impacted individuals and organizations. Please donate today! Every dollar supports the mission of Operation BBQ Relief!

1. Donate on Facebook
    Click Here to Donate on Facebook

2. Donate to the Houston GoFundMe campaign
    Click Here to Donate on GoFundMe

3. Donate on the Operation BBQ Relief Website
    Click Here to Donate

It brings joy to prepare and deliver meals for those in need.
    A giving spirit, "There is more joy in giving than receiving"

Comment

I was wondering if they would come, glad to see them here. They made the 6 o'clock news last night on local TV. Glad to give, I may go out and see the operation first hand if they're still here this weekend. Great program !!

Comment

• Jim White
        Jim White commented
        Editing a comment
        Deploying with them has so many benefits. Aside from the obvious, you meet wonderful people. In my two one week deployments a few years ago, I never knew from one day to the next whether I'd be working alongside a relative newbie like myself, a highly experienced and knowledgeable cook (like RonB whom I worked with a couple of days) or even a veteran of opening a highly successful chain of barbecue joints. All shared info freely, so it was like an intensive hands-on school.

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes Jim White - it was a tiring but enjoyable and gratifying experience.

OBR is my Amazon Smile charity.

(Posted from my phone)

Comment

• Texas Larry
        Texas Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto here.

This will be one of the first things I volunteer for when I retire.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here