Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) - 3/3/20 OBR Deploying To Nashville, TN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) - 3/3/20 OBR Deploying To Nashville, TN

From OBR:

Date: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 1:42 PM
    To: <undisclosed-recipients:;>
    Subject: ** OBR Deploying to Nashville Tornado**

Sponsors, Partners and Supporters (this is sent as a BCC but meant for you),

Early this morning a tornado tore through parts of the east side of Nashville, out through Hermitage, Mt Juliet and Lebanon. We are working on locations right now. As wide spread as this is we may have multiple locations set up. We are preparing to serve meals through the weekend. We will have capacity to cook probably 8-10,000 meals a day but have quick access to more capacity.

Please feel free to share our social media on your pages.

We will need volunteers starting tomorrow I believe. We ask everyone if asked to send potential volunteers to our website and click on volunteer or to download the OBR Volunteer App from Google Play or App Store.

--

Stan Hays CEO and Co-Founder Operation BBQ Relief Sent via mobile phone

Link to OBR: https://operationbbqrelief.org/

Comment

Is it kosher to post this elsewhere, to generate additional donations/support fer OBR?

Tryin to help, but don't wanna run afoul of any troubles...

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Shout it from the rooftops! Our neighbors need help.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I'm a talkin....
        Thanks, Double A!

Folks - if you can volunteer, it's a very rewarding experience.

Comment

• marshall
        marshall commented
        Editing a comment
        Have u volunteered? If so would you be so kind to share a little about it? Such as where you sleep, what you do, ect. I am slow at work right now and about 8hour drive from tenn. Really thought about driving down that way to help but never done anything like that a wouldn't know what to expect

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        marshall Yes - I went to Wilmington NC in 2018. They had trailers with bunk beds and a shower trailer, and they provided good meals.The work was not hard, but took several hours in the morning and again for lunch. At other times, you could help prep food or supplies, but it was very laid back, and lots of people just sat around. I'd get a room if possible, but that probably won't happen with so much damage.in the area. Take toiletries, a washcloth, towel, and soap. Everyone was very nice.

My daughter is a little south of Nashville, and I have in-laws in the area. Good work those guys are doing.

My wife's uncle, who was a USAF F-16 pilot with combat experience, lives in the path of one of the tornadoes and said it was one of the scariest things he has experienced.
      Last edited by Steve R.; March 4, 2020, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I have some family that lives in Nashville too. They are all OK, but they said it was pretty intense. Kudos to OBR for being ready to deploy at a moments notice. If I ever retire, this is an organization I plan on donating some time to.

Comment

OBR is my Amazon Smile charity.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine, as well...

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine too.

I'm hoping these guys could make it over here to Cookeville. We probably don't have the amount property damage Nashville and Mt. Juliet do, but we do have the majority of dead and wounded, and a lot of heavy hearts and hungry stomachs. I know the tornado here lifted a few minutes before it's storm path took it over my house. The 2 1/2 hours me and my family were huddled in the central hallway were probably the scariest of my life so far.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad yer safe an sound, Brother!
            Fork yeah it's scary, jus went through this last year, 28MAY...
            I've chased tornadoes fer multiple decades, been right up next to, an in several...
            Our E-4 was a whole nuther animal, an one of th few times I've realized there was nuthin to do, an ever resigned myself to almost certain imminent death...
            Last edited by Mr. Bones; March 6, 2020, 06:56 PM.

• painter
            painter commented
            Editing a comment
            VideoWolf88 Use to live over at the Appalachian Center for Crafts near Smithville back in the late 80's. Hope all is well in that beautiful spoy.

• klflowers
            klflowers commented
            Editing a comment
            Back when I was a youngun, I saw one up close and personal in OH - lifted just before it would have hit my grandmothers house. Saw some pretty intense damage in Detroit several years ago too. Glad you made it through.

Looks like they’re partnering with Lowe’s.

Comment

I shared the link on FB.

Comment

For those of us not located in one of the high-risk areas for coronavirus, now would be a great time to donate blood if you are eligible to do so. Between the virus, tornado outbreak in TN, etc., the supply of donated blood is bound to be affected in a negative way. I just made an appointment for Sunday afternoon.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Great suggestion, brother!

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks to yerself, I googled, found out I'm allowed to give blood again...

(we'uns was instantly Blacklisted, upon return from ODS)

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Good on ya' Mr. Bones. For whatever reason, this is kind of a big deal to me.

I signed up and did all the requirements for OBR. I'll be headed down to Nashville for a morning shift on Saturday. We were lucky and were spared in Clarksville, but we were literally surrounded by tornadoes that night. I'm glad this was posted, because I was looking for a way to volunteer. And as a side benefit, I got my ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate.

Comment

• marshall
                marshall commented
                Editing a comment
                Try to keep us updated if you can

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here