Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATE October 17, 2018: Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) Hurricane Michael Deployment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE October 17, 2018: Operation BBQ Relief (OBR) Hurricane Michael Deployment

From OBR:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Partners, Sponsors and Supporters,

We are up and running at 2 separate locations in Florida. We are finally getting both locations set up. We have a location in Tallahassee and another in Panama City. We started feeding at both locations on Saturday (Panama City did approx 2000 meals Thursday/Friday last week). We have served just over 100,000 meals in 3 full days of production. We did just 39,950 meals today out of both locations. We are projecting for tomorrow to do 53,750 meals combined for both locations. This is amazing as this is in two separate locations that with traffic are approximately 4-5 hours apart right now due to congestion. We will surpass our 1 day high of 55,xxx from Houston by the weekend. We could average 40-50k meals a day for the next 10 days. Hurricane Michael will become our largest disaster worked.

We have several needs:
    • We need volunteers we need to get to 100 volunteers at each location. Right now we are running in the mid-40s at each location.
    • #10 cans (we will be going through a truckload every 3 days. Cost of a truckload of #10 cans of veggies is approx $21,000. We could end up needing 5-7 truckloads and that is just the sides. The cost will be between $105,000 to $147,000.
    • We need donations to help cover all the costs. We have amazing partners and sponsors but with 2 sites we are double everything right now.

How you can help? Share the message about volunteers and donations posted on our social media.

Share several of the videos or articles in the media that we have been in. See links below.

Video from 60 second docs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJbXRxtVZeM

Article from People.com - https://people.com/human-interest/op...chael-victims/

FB Video feeding in the neighborhoods - https://www.facebook.com/OperationBB...6030977288995/

Feel free to use the below to help promote volunteers and donations.

Other pix

--
    Stan Hays
    CEO and Co-Founder 816-876-9019

Thank you for the update. Heading over to their website again now.

Comment

Thank you for posting this. Just made a donation. I wish I could volunteer but life has been such lately that I can't get away.

Comment

When the next tornado hits MO, I'll be in the tents. Bittersweet idea - looking forward to helping people and not wanting it to ever happen.

That's what's in their minds on site...

Comment

I'll be kicking them some dough soon. BTW, I dig the new avatar, tuff enuff.

Comment

Thank you for posting. These folks need all the help we can give.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here