Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Read: "Recipes Only" vs "Technique, Discussion, And Everything Else Food"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Read: "Recipes Only" vs "Technique, Discussion, And Everything Else Food"

Recipes Only sub-channels and Technique, Discussion, And Everything Else Food sub-channels are different animals.
    • If you have a recipe to share, please post it in the Recipes Only channel into the sub-channel that fits. Then when we browse those channels, what should we see there? Recipes. Recipes Only.
    ALSO please add a tag of "recipe" to your actual recipe posts. This will help too, trust me.
    • If you simply want advice, ideas, or for general food talk or technique (wrapping ribs?, how long do I brine?, what's your favorite commercial rub? how do I cook this hunk of meat?) please use the fully-stocked Technique, Discussion And Everything Else Food channel.
    Thanks for helping keep your forum "The Pit" as organized as possible!

OK Huskee I see the recipe channel, but where is the technique and everything else channel?
    I might very well be blind but I don't see it.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I linked it in my the main post above, and it's in the main channels page.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Aaron. And yes I'm blind. How could I not see the BIG Go to channels page right above the recipe tab. Duh

Gentle reminder to please read this.

If you'd like to talk about a recipe or look for ideas, please use the [Food type] Discussion channel.

"Recipes Only" (which is also accessible from the main red menu bar) is to post an actual recipe. Then, when a member browses the Recipes Only channel, what do they see? Recipes! Not talk. There has been a little confusion so I hope this un-muddies the water a little bit. People, particularly new members, will email me saying they cannot find recipes in Recipes Only, just lots of discussion.

Please help keep the Recipes and Discussion separate!

Thank you from all of us here!

Comment

good ad vise,
      Long live BBQ

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        And long live PBR! (Although I prefer Hamm's in that tier)

I like that we have a "how do I cook a hunk of meat" channel, yes I do!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        "Salt and fire. Varying amounts of each as needed." is the standing answer to that question.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here