Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Members-Only Recipes On The Public Side of AmazingRibs.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Members-Only Recipes On The Public Side of AmazingRibs.com

Many of you have already noticed, but we were able to add some more value to Pitmaster Club membership recently by making some of our professionally developed tested recipes Members Only. The "curtain" will obscure the recipe when clicked for anyone who's not logged in. Some of you also noticed a couple weeks back that this curtain was misbehaving, and even if you were logged in it wouldn't go away. Well our great IT folks got that fixed! Example:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 12.35.16 PM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	123.8 KB ID:	844114

Wonder if the stripper pole has helped Clint with his recipe making...is he going to add an A.K.A. SITR for each of his recipes? Greasing the pole may help.

Comment

This is a good thing!

Comment

Well, my 4-day marinated cow anus recipe that requires the wood to be soaked in water and kerosene for 12 weeks is not blocked.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Where is the curtain when you really need it? I hope you followed the traditional recipe and added the drops of 3in1 oil my granny always used.

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Donw who could neglect that little metal can??

Can't seem to access the recipes. I get a screen saying you need to log in which brings me to the pit screen. When I go back to the recipe page it just repeats.

Comment

Hi. Sorry for the issues you are having Michael Brinton. Please answer the following questions so I can help you troubleshoot the problem:

The Members-only curtain is controlled by the Pitmaster Cookie in your browser. You have to be logged in in the same browser to view the Members-only content.

1. Do you see ads in the Free site?
          2. Are cookies enabled in your browser?
          3. Are you using the same browser for viewing AmazingRibs.com as you did to login to Pitmaster?
          4. Did you try using a different browser? Let me know if the same thing happens in every browser you try.
          5. Are you trying to view it on a desktop, laptop, phone or tablet?
          6. Have you tried to use another device or computer?
          7. Do you have any ad-blocking/tracking software running? These often block or interfere with cookies.

If all of these questions don't help you fix the issue, let us know what device you are using, the Operating System, the version of the OS and the browser.

Thanks for your patience.

Big Jim
          Webmaster

Comment

• Michael Brinton
            Michael Brinton commented
            Editing a comment
            I do always see ads on the free site. Using Android 10. Cookies enabled. Pop ups blocked. Chrome for browsers. I don't use anything but the phone. Thanks

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Michael Brinton I made a tweak to your account. Please log out, close your phone browser, then open it back up and log back in then navigate to the public site. Please report back if you still see ads or not.

• Michael Brinton
            Michael Brinton commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee thanks a bunch adds are gone and I'm able to see the recipes. Awesome!

BigJim Huskee

Dumb question: is there a tab somewhere at the top of the page on The Pit site that takes us directly to Members Only Recipes on the free side?

Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; May 12, 2020, 06:37 AM.

Comment

At the moment there's no specific landing page for Member's only content. Members are welcome to view any and all recipes. Specific recipes require more experience and knowledge of grilling and smoking so we mark them as Members only. If you look at any topic landing page the Members only recipes and articles are marked with the blue Members only label.

If you want to see all the Members-only content you can see them here:

https://amazingribs.com/members-only-content

Comment

Originally posted by BigJim View Post
              Hi. Sorry for the issues you are having Michael Brinton. Please answer the following questions so I can help you troubleshoot the problem:

The Members-only curtain is controlled by the Pitmaster Cookie in your browser. You have to be logged in in the same browser to view the Members-only content.

1. Do you see ads in the Free site?
              2. Are cookies enabled in your browser?
              3. Are you using the same browser for viewing AmazingRibs.com as you did to login to Pitmaster?
              4. Did you try using a different browser? Let me know if the same thing happens in every browser you try.
              5. Are you trying to view it on a desktop, laptop, phone or tablet?
              6. Have you tried to use another device or computer?
              7. Do you have any ad-blocking/tracking software running? These often block or interfere with cookies.

If all of these questions don't help you fix the issue, let us know what device you are using, the Operating System, the version of the OS and the browser.

Thanks for your patience.

Big Jim
              Webmaster
              Good evening, I can’t access the members only section either after logging in.
              I’ve tried both iPad and Android phone with Chrome and safari, no luck.
              I do see ads even after logging in.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              Rubs Promo
              Meat-Up in Memphis