Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Interview With Meathead About The Pitmaster Club!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Interview With Meathead About The Pitmaster Club!

Simon Owens, well respected publisher of the “Simon Owens’s Tech and Media Newsletter” recorded one of the best interviews ever with Meathead in which he explored the business model that makes AmazingRibs.com run. We are well respected for our BBQ content, but it is not well known that we were pioneers in the membership model and our structure is still unusual.

Here’s his home page, the interview with Meathead is right near the top.

Lotta other interesting stuff in there too. https://simonowens.substack.com

Direct link to interview: https://simonowens.substack.com/p/ho...about-barbecue

I have not heard of him. Will surely listen. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

Yup, our structure is sure unusual! We are made up of some weird apples.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
        ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard the weird apples make the best pie

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m mostly lard and Myowater

• wu7y
        wu7y commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. But isn't it weird that we get so many different apples from the same tree? Must be the fertilizer.

Long interview! Good stuff though.

Comment

Pitmaster Club Prime huh? Interesting.....

Comment

It looks like the interview is also available on Simon Owen's podcast "The Business of Content".

Comment

Sounds like Pitmaster Prime may be a potential a way to increase revenue to support expensive video production. I'd be willing to pay for this at the cost mentioned, especially if the videos have the amount of detail, explanation, and science that many of the articles on amazingribs.com have. There are a number of Youtube BBQ channels that I follow, but most of the time they don't explain why something works.

Given this information, it's interesting that Malcom Reed is being mentioned in relation to the (now 2021?) Meat-Up in Memphis. Malcom has a pretty good Youtube channel, so I'm wondering if he might somehow be involved with the move into video content. Just speculation on my part.
            Last edited by bbq_sector21; May 6, 2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis