Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Support AmazingRibs.com By Using Our Amazon Affiliate Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Support AmazingRibs.com By Using Our Amazon Affiliate Link

Did you know that you can support AmazingRibs.com every time you make a purchase on Amazon?

By starting your Amazon shopping adventures at http://tinyurl.com/shop4amazingribs, AmazingRibs.com will receive affiliate revenues for each of your purchases. This has zero impact on your purchase price since the affiliate revenues are paid directly by Amazon!

Once you visit http://tinyurl.com/shop4amazingribs, be sure to bookmark it for future use! Go here first and then make your searches & purchases to help support AmazingRibs.com, please & thank you!

Does this work in conjunction with Amazon Smile and the chosen charity? It appears not but wanted to verify.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 too

Huskee is their a link for the Canadian Amazon site?

Comment

Will it work with the app? When clicking on my phone it opens the app and takes me to the amazingribs.com top picks.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        +1

• WayneT
        WayneT commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, good question. I use the app exclusively on my iOS devices.

Was using an old address. Updated just now!

Comment

okay, it is bookmarked

Comment

I will check in on the app and Canadian site, good questions.

Update: we're looking into the app and Amazon.ca questions.

Comment

Looks like we can't add our affiliate link to work with the app. The link is designed to take you to Amazon.com in a browser, whereas the app is a different animal. Thank you for thinking of us though. If it's not too much of a pain, please use the link and a browser!

Regarding Amazon.ca (Canadian Amazon) it looks like we'd have to set up a separate affiliate program with them, which we are looking into it but no Amazon.ca affiliate account currently.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              jfmorris I have the app, but links open in a mobile browser for me, not the app. That's why I suspect it may be how one's preferences are set.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee I tested this on iPhone and iPad. I have no settings there for either the browser (Safari) or the Amazon shopping app that would change this behavior. I think when the app gets installed on Apple devices, it hooks in somehow to grab URL clicks in Safari that go to Amazon.com - as a iOS and Android developer myself, I imagine their app registers that URL somehow with the browser when installed on Apple devices.

I am suspecting you are on Android? I've not fired that up in a while.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              jfmorris, Yes, Android. I use Firefox mobile browser. I did some digging and it has a menu setting "Open links in apps" which I had off. So anyway, whether or not the app credits our affiliate URL is beyond me, it likely does, but at least we know we have options.

Not sure if it works, but you might be able to use the affiliate link to load up your cart and then switch to you app or smile or whatever to make the purchase. I know it works with smile, I'll load up my cart on the app then when I get home to my PC I complete the purchase.

Comment

• WayneT
              WayneT commented
              Editing a comment
              Clever workaround. I must give it a try.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here