Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Follow The "Annoucenmments From Management" Sub-Channel

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Follow The "Annoucenmments From Management" Sub-Channel

We OFTEN (daily?) get emails from folks asking about things coming up, or things that happened, that were announced here in The Pit in our Announcements > Announcements From Management sub-channel. This channel is our means to communicate important things to our members on a daily/weekly/bi-weekly basis, however often important things come up that we need or want to notify you of. Your "HOT From The Pit!" newsletter is another means, but it's only monthly so it can't cover sudden stuff.

Meathead & I would like to encourage you all to "Follow" this sub-channel. Then, each time you log in you will get a notification if a new topic is posted here, that way you don't miss important things. For instance, planned Pit outages, new products, remodels, other exciting news, etc, are what we post here. These important things might not always show up in your Recent Posts thread, especially if you don't log in daily, so simply scanning that might not get your the important info you need.

To follow this sub-channel, click the red text here to go to the Announcements From Management sub-channel, then click the green Follow button. You of course can do this with other channels and individual topics that interest you. If you follow a topic (aka a "thread"), you'll get notices for new replies (aka "posts") within that topic. If you follow a sub-channel, you'll get notifications for new topics posted in that sub-channel.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annuncements follow.JPG Views:	0 Size:	159.2 KB ID:	1124089

So, when is the next announcement from management coming? I'll email you.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Please do! We all love answering email questions in which the answers are plastered everywhere.

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      How do you get to The Pitmaster side?

Thanks for the update on the updates. I will follow the Followed green thingy.
    BTW, I know full well about the “Follow” routine. My power went out & the surge that ensued nicked my devices for a toozy. I was following every post everybody put up. Lordy, Lordy, was that a mess, yessir. Nuthin like following half of everthing.

Comment

I don't follow...

Comment

If follow the management announcements sub-channel, I will get notifications for every durn post on them ….. I think I will just use my standard method of checking this sub-channel once a day.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got a notification for your comment ItsAllGoneToTheDogs But it told me you “Posted”

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I follow several sub-channels and get a billion notifications every time someone posts or comments.

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper You made me realize despite the managerial request, I’ll be very annoyed keeping the follow I just set up 🤪 I’m checking in enough that I’ll surely see important news in the recent posts. If not, I know who to email.

OK, thanks for letting me know. I thought that was the difference between following sub-channels vs following topics but I am wrong. Well we can "close" the topics after we post them, so there'll be no posts to get multiple notifications for. But that prevents questions. Let me consult with RayJ on the best solution.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          If I could get just a notification for a post, that would work out well. I promise, though, that I do actually check the management posts regularly :-)

Oh, oh How do I undo it?

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          The 'Follow' button should now have a check mark with 'Followed'. If you put the pointer over it it will show 'Unfollow'. Click it. Button will go back to 'Follow.

Or go to your profile. Under your avatar you will see 'Following'. Clicking on it will give you a list of all topics you are following. You can unfollow them there.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo