Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Follow The "Annoucenmments From Management" Sub-Channel

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Follow The "Annoucenmments From Management" Sub-Channel

We OFTEN (daily?) get emails from folks asking about things coming up, or things that happened, that were announced here in The Pit in our Announcements > Announcements From Management sub-channel. This channel is our means to communicate important things to our members on a daily/weekly/bi-weekly basis, however often important things come up that we need or want to notify you of. Your "HOT From The Pit!" newsletter is another means, but it's only monthly so it can't cover sudden stuff.

Meathead & I would like to encourage you all to "Follow" this sub-channel. Then, each time you log in you will get a notification if a new topic is posted here, that way you don't miss important things. For instance, planned Pit outages, new products, remodels, other exciting news, etc, are what we post here. These important things might not always show up in your Recent Posts thread, especially if you don't log in daily, so simply scanning that might not get your the important info you need.

To follow this sub-channel, click the red text here to go to the Announcements From Management sub-channel, then click the green Follow button. You of course can do this with other channels and individual topics that interest you. If you follow a topic (aka a "thread"), you'll get notices for new replies (aka "posts") within that topic. If you follow a sub-channel, you'll get notifications for new topics posted in that sub-channel.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annuncements follow.JPG Views:	0 Size:	159.2 KB ID:	1124089

Thanks for the update on the updates. I will follow the Followed green thingy.
    BTW, I know full well about the “Follow” routine. My power went out & the surge that ensued nicked my devices for a toozy. I was following every post everybody put up. Lordy, Lordy, was that a mess, yessir. Nuthin like following half of everthing.

Comment

I don't follow...

Comment

If follow the management announcements sub-channel, I will get notifications for every durn post on them ….. I think I will just use my standard method of checking this sub-channel once a day.

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          I just got a notification for your comment ItsAllGoneToTheDogs But it told me you “Posted”

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I follow several sub-channels and get a billion notifications every time someone posts or comments.

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          ecowper You made me realize despite the managerial request, I’ll be very annoyed keeping the follow I just set up 🤪 I’m checking in enough that I’ll surely see important news in the recent posts. If not, I know who to email.

OK, thanks for letting me know. I thought that was the difference between following sub-channels vs following topics but I am wrong. Well we can "close" the topics after we post them, so there'll be no posts to get multiple notifications for. But that prevents questions. Let me consult with RayJ on the best solution.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          If I could get just a notification for a post, that would work out well. I promise, though, that I do actually check the management posts regularly :-)

Oh, oh How do I undo it?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.
        Click here for our review on this unique smoker

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front, spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative.

Click here for more about what makes this grill special

Groundbreaking Hybrid Thermometer!

Thermapen One Instant Read Thermometer

The FireBoard Spark is a hybrid combining instant-read capability, a cabled temperature probe, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. We gave Spark a Platinum Medal for pushing the envelope of product capability while maintaining high standards of design and workmanship.

Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Char-Broil’s Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you’re off to the party! Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp’s dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’.

Click here to read our detailed review

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The InfraredZone

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

Comprehensive Temperature Magnet With 80+ Important Temps

Amazingribs.com temperature magnet
        Winner of the National BBQ Association’s product of the year award. This 8.5″ x 11″ magnet contains more that 80 benchmark temperatures for meats (both USDA recommended temps as well as the temps chefs recommend), fats and oils, sugars, sous vide, eggs, collagens, wood combustion, breads, and more. Although it is not certified as all-weather, we have tested it outdoors in Chicago weather and it has not delaminated in three years, but there is minor fading.

Click here to order.