Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading vBulletin Monday Sept 27 a.m. @ Midnight PT, 3am ET

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading vBulletin Monday Sept 27 a.m. @ Midnight PT, 3am ET

Greetings All!

The site software is in need of upgrade once again. Actually, for a few months now. I was waiting until after switching over to the new server before doing the upgrade.

I will be performing the upgrade this Monday morning (Sep 27, 2021, starting at midnight US Pacific time). The site will be offline for about an hour.

My upgrade and testing of the development site did not reveal any issues.

--RayJ

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Will the software upgrade increase my chances of winning a prize? Hope so, I done did been here over a year now and ain’t won squat.
      Last edited by Panhead John; September 23, 2021, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Draznnl
        Draznnl commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d happily trade Davek8282. You take my odds of winning a Pit prize and I’ll take your socialized medicine.

• Davek8282
        Davek8282 commented
        Editing a comment
        socialized medicine is not always what it's cracked up to be. IHMO we are heading towards a two| tier system. I won't go any further as it would start to get policitcal from there.

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John You win, are you kidding! 1978 posts in a year? You post way to much to win anything. Disappear for a year and you might have a chance.

Since we are upgrading the software versus the server, can we expect any new features or tools?

Comment

Could we get the ability to post a picture in response to a comment?

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment

Thanks, RayJ!

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment

OOOPS!!!

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          raywjohnson, wow, I did not know we could do that. Glad to see how.

Here is the release info for the new version.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...e-for-download

Just some superficial changes to image display. Photos, Media Gallery, and Lightbox. The rest is technical stuff.

The version I am upgrading to is the 5.6.4 Patch Level 1. These are released to fix some serious bug.

Comment

smokenoob to add an image to a comment, the only way is to enter the BB Code manually. No GUI available for that. As the comments were not really designed for images.

For everyone. Please do not link to external images. Many sites block this (call hot linking). And, you can link to some nice image of a grill, but you cannot control that image getting changed to something else. Whoever has access to the website you linked to can change the image at will. Spam message or worse.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Copy yer last...internal img's, only.

Really preciate th heads up warnin, Ray!

Been all kinda Hunter-Gatherin up me some foods, snacks, Guinness, bourbon, an even a lil smokey smoke, to hopefully assuage th inevitable separation anxiety that will ensue, even if'n I'm sound asleep , at th time... (think 'Disturbance in th Force')

Probly best go hoard me up some toilet paper, as well, now that I look at my list...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 25, 2021, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• raywjohnson
            raywjohnson commented
            Editing a comment
            Good thinking! You never know what kind of time/space continuum issues can arise from a software upgrade.

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Zacklly, Brother!!!! Nudge nudge, wink wink

Here's to hopin we'uns don't rip no dang dang fabric, Ray...

Reminder to all that in a few hours we will go a little dark for a brief spell. But afterwards hopefully Panhead John's wildest dreams will continue to come true.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            ComfortablyNumb A nightmare?

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            Wasn't the Pit bug ridden after the last upgrade? Or the one before? Or what was it?

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, the last *software* update, yeah I guess you're right. That was while ago so I'd forgotten. The last server update recently was pretty smooth.

Upgrade complete! In record time. Site was offline for about 6 minutes.

As for the bug ridden issue with a previous upgrade. That was not entirely the upgrade. The upgrades should generally cause no issues. However, since I have modified this install (via hacks), there are issues if I bungle something.

I am slowly removing the hacks and converting to correct coding standards for vBulletin. Once that process is complete, upgrades will be quick and easy.

Comment

• pkadare
            pkadare commented
            Editing a comment
            raywjohnson as always, thanks for your efforts, they are greatly appreciated.

Still no scratch & sniff. Next update?

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            So, who monitors the Moderator? He is get a bit to smarta**ed for his own good it seems.

Not the best at describing but what I just experienced when clicking on a photo in SUWYC. It opens in a slide feature that you are able to access and scroll all photos but when you click to return to the original post it takes you right out of the thread back to the main index page. Hope I'm making a bit of sense.

Comment

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            It does this if i use the go back button on my phone but I see there is a close box on top right that if you click on tskes you back to original post. My bad.

Everything seems to be working great on my end. Thank you again for your work.

Comment

I have only been on for a short time, but no issues for me. Thanks Ray!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            Rubs Promo
            Meat-Up in Memphis