Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No covid discussions in The Pit

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto
    Happy grilling and PBR to our friend Panhead John

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    Generally, you can say stuff like "I tried new recipes and cooked for the family and neighbors during the lockdown." Or "I spent the lockdown perfecting my technique on XXX cooker."

What the mods don't want is posts that result in arguments over masks, vaccines, political stuff, etc related to covid.

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Hahahahahahaha

• DumpsterFireBBQ
    replied
    How do I mention that I spent March - June 2020 dialing in my shiny new PBC with twice or thrice weekly cooks, providing wonderful food for family and friends without mentioning the C word?

Leave a comment:

• smokenoob
    replied
    Yeah! Now lets get back to cookin’!

Leave a comment:

• RobertC
    replied
    Ugh. Your decision must have been difficult. I hope it has the result you, and we, seek.

Leave a comment:

• Strat50
    replied
    I haven't been able to come up with the right words to convey how I feel about this issue, as I have very deep and personal/familial events tied to covid, but those issues compel me to say this:

Our thing is not only a refuge, but a motivation. In any trying times like these, I feel that a touchstone to "normalcy" is every bit as important as pertinent info on covid. We help our crew to live and be motivated to elevate their lives through their cooking. We all know what to do about the pandemic, so why repeat and project the negativity that helps no one, least of all ourselves?

Meathead is right, and I totally respect his decision. Good on you, and us!

Rainy greetings from Houston, Alaska

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    I sure wish some of y’all would quit using them big words in front of me.

• Bogy
    commented on 's reply
    When it comes to smoking/grilling, I'm polytheistic!

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    Originally posted by Meathead View Post
    I do not understand how a worldwide pandemic and national health emergency has become a political issue, but it has...
    This makes me very sad.
    I think this is a good decision, and I quoted the portion that best expressed my feeling. No finger pointing intended, nor asked for, but think about that by yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Bogy Reckon mebbe THIS might be responsible ???

I miss Flip Wilson...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; September 13, 2021, 02:21 PM.

• BigCountryQ
    replied
    Been coming here for years to escape the negativity in the world and to share the love of BBQ with others. I truly enjoy the fact that this is very different than your typical Facebook group of, "you're doing it wrong" and "this is the ONLY way" to do things. This place has always been that humble forum of friends sharing bbq stories and tips/techniques. I appreciate keeping politics and anything related out of the forum. Good on ya Meathead .

Leave a comment:

• Stuey1515
    commented on 's reply
    Well said bloke!!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Knuckle Draggin Multi Gen Stickburner LOL, fwiw

• Santamarina
    replied
    Thank you, Meathead. One of this things I love about The Pit is the lack of drama. I have strong views about religion, politics, and health care…but I have other avenues to share them.

Here…the closest thing to religion or politics I want to talk about is if you’re a member of the Stickburner Religion or the Pellet Smoker Party! 🤣😎🤣

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here