Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No covid discussions in The Pit

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pitmaster Club and Amazing Ribs continue to be the #1 site on the internet as a result of professional management and a mature, respectful family like feel from the membership. Thank you to both managment and membership for this.

Comment

• SmokingSteve
      SmokingSteve commented
      Editing a comment
      +1

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Whiskeyman! It is nice to hear good feedback.

Thanks for keeping our BBQ refuge what it should be!

Comment

Meathead , can you call ESPN and get them onboard with the no politics too?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 6.34.13 PM.png
Views:	554
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1093290

Indeed it is.

Comment

A++

Comment

This has been added to the official Rules & Guidelines at #12.

Comment

Kinda stinks to have to pull posts but understandable as a lot of discussions I have seen on here have been relatively civil, but I understand the perceived civility is likely because of active mods appreciate the Pit and our general ability to keep thing civil, although one bad apple ruins the bushel which is probably what happened here. Thanks for being transparent Meathead about the policy, we appreciate you all!

Comment

Thank you, Meathead. One of this things I love about The Pit is the lack of drama. I have strong views about religion, politics, and health care…but I have other avenues to share them.

Here…the closest thing to religion or politics I want to talk about is if you’re a member of the Stickburner Religion or the Pellet Smoker Party! 🤣😎🤣

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Knuckle Draggin Multi Gen Stickburner LOL, fwiw

• Bogy
                  Bogy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When it comes to smoking/grilling, I'm polytheistic!

• Panhead John
                  Panhead John commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I sure wish some of y’all would quit using them big words in front of me.

Been coming here for years to escape the negativity in the world and to share the love of BBQ with others. I truly enjoy the fact that this is very different than your typical Facebook group of, "you're doing it wrong" and "this is the ONLY way" to do things. This place has always been that humble forum of friends sharing bbq stories and tips/techniques. I appreciate keeping politics and anything related out of the forum. Good on ya Meathead .

Comment

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                  I do not understand how a worldwide pandemic and national health emergency has become a political issue, but it has...
                  This makes me very sad.
                  I think this is a good decision, and I quoted the portion that best expressed my feeling. No finger pointing intended, nor asked for, but think about that by yourself.

Comment

I haven't been able to come up with the right words to convey how I feel about this issue, as I have very deep and personal/familial events tied to covid, but those issues compel me to say this:

Our thing is not only a refuge, but a motivation. In any trying times like these, I feel that a touchstone to "normalcy" is every bit as important as pertinent info on covid. We help our crew to live and be motivated to elevate their lives through their cooking. We all know what to do about the pandemic, so why repeat and project the negativity that helps no one, least of all ourselves?

Meathead is right, and I totally respect his decision. Good on you, and us!

Rainy greetings from Houston, Alaska

Comment

Ugh. Your decision must have been difficult. I hope it has the result you, and we, seek.

Comment

Yeah! Now lets get back to cookin’!

Comment

How do I mention that I spent March - June 2020 dialing in my shiny new PBC with twice or thrice weekly cooks, providing wonderful food for family and friends without mentioning the C word?

Comment

• tbob4
                            tbob4 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hahahahahahaha

• 58limited
                            58limited commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Generally, you can say stuff like "I tried new recipes and cooked for the family and neighbors during the lockdown." Or "I spent the lockdown perfecting my technique on XXX cooker."

What the mods don't want is posts that result in arguments over masks, vaccines, political stuff, etc related to covid.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here