Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No covid discussions in The Pit

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No covid discussions in The Pit

This post pains me.

There is a pandemic and it is killing friends, family, members. But it is not about food and cooking, and by keeping to those topics, we have managed to keep the Pitmaster Club a space free from vitriol. I do not understand how a worldwide pandemic and national health emergency has become a political issue, but it has, and our policy has always been, no politics in the Pitmaster Club. There are many other places where you can debate politics.

Given that the pandemic is a matter of life and death, I tried to allow discussion, but members had a hard time discussing it civilly. So, reluctantly, fearing that I am failing a civic duty, the moderators and I shall henceforth, block and delete all discussion of the pandemic, vaccines, masks, and related subjects.

This makes me very sad. I hope you can all seek truth on this subject elsewhere from reliable sources and find what is needed to keep us alive, and bring our society and economy back. But, alas, it will not be here.

Good deal. Thank you for all you do, El Capitan.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Good by me
        Thank you

Comment

It's probably for the best MH. Less Hate, More Cooking !!!!

Comment

Yup. Works for me to. Thanks MH.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Right on!

Comment

Thank you I’m here for bbq

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you from me as well!

Comment

• bbqLuv
                          bbqLuv commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ditto
                          Happy grilling and PBR to our friend Panhead John

Good call boss

Comment

Agreed. There is a place for everything.
                          This fine forum is not that place.
                          Let’s keep it about BBQ and our own fun little things that make us happy.
                          Like watching my neighbor having to jump start his car every couple of weeks because he doesn’t close his, drivers, door when he gets out. 🤷🏼🤦🏼😂

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm glad I'm not the only "horrible" neighbor... can only be helpful so many times before you have to choose between entertainment and babysitting

I'm in total agreement

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here