Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Tale of Three Suckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Tale of Three Suckers

P. T. Barnum said there was one born every minute but not all suckers are equal. I'm talking about the small, hand-held vacuum sealers for sous-vide or storage bags. I've bought three of them in the last two years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3540.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1309049
    After about 18 months of use, this first one cracked at the base where the sealer meets the bag valve and so quit drawing a vacuum.

Name:	IMG_3541.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1309050
    This second one wont charge anymore. I've had it less than 6 months.

Name:	IMG_3542.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1309051
    I just bought this version 3.0 and it feels as though it will be my last for a few years.

I bought them all on Amazon. The first two came in a kit with several dozen SV bags and were in the $20 price range. I don't recall the brands. They are made exclusively from plastic. The last one is a Vesta brand which came with just a few SV or storage bags and was $28. It has a metal exterior housing and feels quite substantial. They all recharge using a mini USB connection.

If you're in the market for one of theses little sealers, just skip right to the Vesta and be done with it.

Still dealing with my orig "FoodSaver", that I picked up at Sams eons ago. Still works but it is a PIA!! Prob pull the trigger on something a little less bothersome. Any help? $$not an issue.

Comment

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      What he said. ^

• WayneT
      WayneT commented
      Editing a comment
      My original vac sealer was a Nutri-Chef which bit the dust about 2 months ago when it developed a rough spot on the sealing bar causing it to seal incompletely. My replacement is the Food Saver brand I got at Costco. So far, so good..

• Alan Brice
      Alan Brice commented
      Editing a comment
      Great info and more! Tx AR!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here