Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking for foodsaver recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richinlbrg
    replied
    OK, a VERY belated thank you!

We got the 4980, gifted it and it went over well.

OK, we actually got two 4980s. #1 thought it looked and sounded like a good idea, so she got one for us, too. We've been so far behind, I just opened ours and used it for the first time today. Got a big tenderloin at Costco, cut it into individual steaks and bagged them in pairs.

Thank you all for your help and guidance!!

Looking forward to it getting a lot of use!

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    commented on 's reply
    Never mind, I found your model! Thank you, Kathryn!

• oldsteve
    replied
    The foodsavers from Costco and Sam's Club are the same machine. They change the model number depending on whose selling it. Both are on sale right now.

Leave a comment:

• oldsteve
    replied
    I bought the model 4980 at Costco when they first went on sale 10-29-15. It replaced a 10-11 year old foodsaver that finally gave up the ghost. I have had limited experience using the new one but one thing is apparent right away, it is much slower at vacuum sealing when using the automatic mode. I use the manual mode instead. One feature I use everyday is the retractable handheld sealer. It works great sealing the special zipper bags they make. Cheese, lunch meat, and other items you use all the time can be opened and resealed very quickly. I'm hoping this model lasts as long as some of my previous foodsavers. I believe this model from Costco has a 5-year warranty.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc , is your Foodsaver (4860) a vacuum sealing system?

• Powersmoke_80
    replied
    @richinlbrg Sams club sale ends Nov.27th

Sam’s Club Shops & Promotions Promotions Home Holiday Prep FoodSaver V4825 Series 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System

FoodSaver V4825 Series 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System

by FoodSaver | Item #: 376761 | Model #: 4825-002 |

(560) |

Write a Review

Free shipping

• $30 off with Instant Savings
    • Offer ends November 27
    • Compare at$149.98
    • Instant Savings-$30.00
    • $ 119 98

Out of stock online

Pick up in Club
    • Shipping
    • Free shipping
    • Free Pickup
    • Ready as soon as Tomorrow
    • Saginaw, MI Club [COLOR=#0087CD !important]Change[/COLOR]

Add to list

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    richinlbrg , I have a similar-looking model of Foodsaver (4860), and I love it. I store almost all of my freezer goods in it. My older Foodsaver died after over 10 years of frequent use. It was an entry-level one. I like this one much better.

Kathryn

P.S. Here is the topic about Foodsavers:

Last edited by fzxdoc; November 21, 2015, 11:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• HorseDoctor
    replied
    Stick with something fairly basic. Rarely need or use all the "bells & whistles". The more extra "stuff" you get the more there is to go wrong. I think I remember that some of the more "automatic" ones were a bit of a problem if you want to use something like the dry age steak bags.

Leave a comment:

• richinlbrg
    started a topic Asking for foodsaver recommendations

Asking for foodsaver recommendations

I know there was a thread on foodsavers some time ago, but I can't find it when I need it. ARGGHHHH

We are looking to give a foodsaver as a gift. We are thinking of the foodsaver 4980.

Thoughts/experiences/recommendations?

The recipients tend to buy meats in bulk and like to freeze. I assume they'll be coking for leftovers, as well.

TIA!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here