Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sealing open ended bags with foodsaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Yes you can, Dadof3Illinois . I'm still using up my Foodsaver backstock of rolls with the Avid Armor AVS 7900.

Kathryn

• RonB
    replied
    Does the machine work in regular mode? That is, can you vac and then seal? If that works, you may have to wait longer to change to the sealing cycle.

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc Can you still use the food saver bags with theAvid Armor?

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Welcome from Virginia.

I have had a couple Food Savers and no longer have them. I use Avid Armor and if it failed today, I would purchase another. But, I sure get that you are not ready to buy another one yet. With the Food Savers that I have had in the past you needed to wait for an audiblle indicating that the bag was sealed. It does look to me like you are hitting the button two quickly. I also agree with Panhead John where the Food Savers pushed too far over the channel will effect the seal. While it does not make sense, they can be finicky. If neither of these work, my guess is that your unit is defective.

Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• Kolvos
    replied
    Not ready to buy a new one yet...

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Currently $54USD on their site.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Check out the Avid Armor sealers, Kolvos . The Avid Armor AVS 7900 is listed at $70. I think if you sign up for their newsletter you get a discount. A member here paid around $55 for his just over a month ago.

Whats nice, compared to the one you have is that it has a locking handle so you don't have to juggle as much to hold the bag in place while you secure the lid. Plus Avid Armor is a USA-based business with excellent customer service, just a phone call away.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    I’d dump it and go with a recommendation from fzxdoc Kathryn posted recently about her experiences with Food Saver and shared with us her new sealer, which apparently is a really good one. Don’t remember the post though, maybe she can chime in?
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 16, 2021, 09:21 AM.

• Kolvos
    replied
    Hey guys,

Prior this Video I have indeed tried to wait long peeiods of time. Didnt work.

Also tried to email foodsaver but no answer for a month. Anyone??

Thankss

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    replied
    Did it work correctly in the past, or is this machine new to you? It looks like you are doing things correctly, with the possible exception of not waiting long enough for the seal to form. On my Food Saver it takes a good 15 seconds for the sealing cycle to complete.
    Last edited by willxfmr; December 16, 2021, 05:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Draznnl
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with pkadare.

• pkadare
    commented on 's reply
    I'd suggest that you contact FoodSaver for support.

• Kolvos
    replied
    Hi guys,

Attaching here 2 screen shots of this Model manual. Would aopreciate your help. I tried pulling out the vacuum bag only up to the black strip but still no go. The Video that someone posted is of another Model which seems to function different.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    Here’s a video. Skip to the 2 minute 15 second part if you want. This might not be your exact model, but it shows where to place the bag.

Last edited by Panhead John; December 15, 2021, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    I can't add anything, but welcome to The Pit.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here