Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sealing open ended bags with foodsaver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    replied
    The video stops right after you stop the vacuum. The procedure you seemed to follow is the same as what I do with mine, and then it lets me know the sealing process is complete. Is it not getting hot enough to seal? It wouldn't be unheard of for a Foodsaver to crap out before its time.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    That’s exactly right Ted. You stick the bag all the way to the rear, IF you have food in the bag and it’s sealed at the other end. It then sucks the air out of the bag….and then seals it after all the air is gone. The black strip running across the sealer in the front, that I described, is the heating element to seal the bag. If you have a bag that’s not sealed at either end, then you place one end on that black strip, not any further. I’ve had 2 Food Savers and they both worked that way.
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 15, 2021, 02:26 PM.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    That's how mine works. You just shut off the vacuum and then the sealing begins.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    The food saver I have is kind of old, but how to seal an open ended bag as I described above, is how mine works. It doesn’t have a separate seal button.
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 15, 2021, 05:35 PM.

• tbob4
    replied
    I have a different model - I agree with Panhead John . If I stick the bag too far in the suction mechanism will continue forever. I either won't get a seal OR the seal will happen too quickly and I have to cut the bag and start again. The sound it is making is the suction.
    Last edited by tbob4; December 15, 2021, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WillTravelForFood
    replied
    Like others have suggested, in the video it looks like you're maybe turning it off before the seal portion begins.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto on my model.

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    My Foodsaver had a separate button just like Murdy . It’s purpose was just to seal the bag without drawing a vacuum.

• Murdy
    replied
    Sticking the bag too far in shouldn't affect the sealing process, just waste a little bag. I have an older model and it has separate controls for seal and vacuum. If you just hit the seal button, the light flashes and then goes out when it's done sealing. It takes more time than you seem to be giving it. 5-10 seconds maybe? Does the manual state how long your supposed to let it go?

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    You’re sticking the bag too far back for sealing one end. Bring the edge of the bag to just right before the air channel. You don’t want it to suck any air, only to seal. Lay the edge of the bag on top of the long black rectangular strip at the front of the sealer. And give it more time than what you did in the video.
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 15, 2021, 11:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    I don't know that model of Foodsaver, but you shut it off very quickly, I assume because you don't want to suck air out but just seal. If that's how you do that on that model Foodsaver... you're not doing anything wrong. Has that method worked for you in the past?

• Kolvos
    replied
    Please see here the vid of what im trying to do. What am I doing wrong??

Leave a comment:

• Kolvos
    started a topic Sealing open ended bags with foodsaver

Sealing open ended bags with foodsaver

Hi,
    Can anyone share a vid? What am I doing wrong? In the manual thats how its explained to just seal an open end of the vacuum bag, but I cant seem to make it work.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here