Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Drive Cable - Speaker or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Drive Cable - Speaker or Not?

Looking into the Fireboad drive cable to add to the Fireboard 2. Does anyone find the speaker feature useful? Or if you don't have it, have you ever wished you had? $10 isn't a big deal either way, but if it's never used I'd still rather save it.

Did not get the sound and have only done 2 cooks with it. Have not missed the sound so far. It worked AMAZING by the way. It has been pretty cold outside and I wouldn't be hanging out by the kettle anyway. I reasoned that if I was close enough to hear it I could just adjust the vents. I got it for times I was going to be away from the cooker and anyway always monitor on my cellyphone .

Comment

Like Robermax, I don’t have the speaker. Don’t need to hear audio from the FireBoard drive. The iPhone app lets me see everything I need to know especially since I’m out of hearing range thru 99% of the cook time.

Comment

I have the Drive with speaker and shut it off. Was annoying when I’m sitting outside and not useful when I’m inside.

Comment

Wow - great feedback. Thanks all! Think I'll skip it then.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here