Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inkbird WiFi Bluetooth BBQ Temperature Controller - $139.99 W/coupon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inkbird WiFi Bluetooth BBQ Temperature Controller - $139.99 W/coupon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DK87Q33...ustomerReviews

Seems like a pretty good deal, especially with the $60 off coupon on Amazon. Does anyone know anything about this one? I've heard decent things about Inkbird thermometers.

I am probably one of the few Inkbird fans here. I feel like they are great values for the money and have had no issues.

The biggest point of confusion I've found is the multiple apps so different devices use different apps. However, I'd agree it looks like a great deal, and if I needed one (already have temp control on my MB560) I'd be all over it.
    Last edited by STEbbq; September 2, 2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• dtresca
      dtresca commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, this is probably going to be purchased any minute now...

The concept of that Inkbird is similar to my Party Q, no longer made by the BBQ Guru folks. I.e. an all in one fan and controller unit, except this one attaches with a hose.

As long as you have a way to attach it to your cooker - i.e. to adapt that fan hose to your kettle or PBC, you should be good. The value on the Inkbird stuff seems good, and I know a few here have one. I just don't know anything about their customer service. I've had Thermoworks stuff that had warranty work when it was 2 years old. Inkbird's website says the 12 month warranty involves returning it to the original reseller. I have never seen Amazon accept returns on something for 12 months myself...

The customer service and warranty part is what would make me leary of this complicated of a device, that basically falls off the boat from China into an Amazon warehouse. That said, you won't find any other fan controllers at that price point. The closest I know that includes a fan and all the stuff is the DigiQ, from bbqguru.com, and it is $187.
    Last edited by jfmorris; September 2, 2020, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• tiewunon
      tiewunon commented
      Editing a comment
      Another one is the Qmaster Senior controller that runs the same price as the digiq.

Welp. I decided to pull the trigger. I'll let you all know what I think here in a couple of weeks. I told the wife it would be part of my body present. So, I told her I'd wait. LOL

Comment

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking forward to hear what you think!

I seen a post on another forum that the Inkbird controller is a rebranded BBQUBE according to the BBQUBE owner. However inkbird was integrated with their own App according to Daz (BBQUBE owner)
    A few folks on that forum have BBQUBE and have had success with it and "Daz" seems pretty supportive when issues arise. I doubt inkbirds support will be any less.

Comment

I have the old party q setup or I would look at this. Still too cheap to invest in a Fireboard. I actually went old school this past weekend and ran my WSM without the fan. Just to make sure I could. Some St Louis ribs at 250, ran like a dream for the 5 hours it took.

Comment

Only 3 probes would be a deal breaker for me. But other than that, it looks like an interesting unit at a very good price with the coupon
        Last edited by Dewesq55; September 2, 2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Despite my impressive collection of Inkbird smart thermometers, I looked at this device many times and couldn't figure out why I needed it.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the Pit!

I decided to pull the trigger. I'll let you all know what I think here in a couple of weeks.

Comment

dtresca MORTICE
            any updates?

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates on this. So I've had this unit for a bit over a year and have done several successful cooks with it. My setup has been mostly with my Grilla Kong Kamado.

While it works fine, the issue is with the quality of the probes and the poorly designed app. I've had to replace the probes several times throughout the year and have had a hard time figuring out which probes are compatible. I've started ordering them directly through the manufacturer, which is a hug pain. The app is not very intuitive and the alerts only work sometimes.

Overall, I'd say I got this at a good value, but would not feel good recommending it to anyone. I am currently looking for a replacement.
              Last edited by dtresca; November 8, 2021, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• STEbbq
                STEbbq commented
                Editing a comment
                I can see how the app and alerts can be an issue just with my plain Inkbird. That is strange on the probes though. What happened ?

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here