Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FireBoard V1 probes with FireBoard V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FireBoard V1 probes with FireBoard V2

Hi all!

So I've had the FB1 for a looong time, and also purchased the FB2. Since I have 6 probes for FB1, I figured I didn't need to purchase new extra probes for FB2.

When I got it I plugged the old probes into the new FB, and to my surprise the value displayed was waaayy off.

Has anyone else tried this? Did the FB team change probes so the FB1 probes no longer work with FB2?

That sux... Contact them and get the definitive answer...

Comment

Henrik The probes for V1 are probably the RTD version. they have 3 versions now: RTD, Thermistor 10K and Thermistor 100K. You have to set the probe type you are using in Settings. I think the V2 is Thermistor 100k by default.

https://www.fireboard.com/probes page that explains the types.

"You can select which probe type you are using from the FireBoard app. Simply visit the Device page, then select Advanced Settings – from there you’ll see the Probe Configuration option that will allow you to change the probe type on a per channel basis." From their Support page.

EDIT: I should have added that I ran into this with the V1 (I have the V2 now) when I bought some of the newer probes and forgot to set the probe type per the above. The readings will be nuts until you set the proper type, but the older RTD do work with both versions of FB.
      Last edited by GolfGeezer; September 2, 2020, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Pure gold! Thanks, this must be it. And the fact that it can be configured from the app - incredibly powerful. Go FB!

-I have had not tried nor given that any thought it for FBX11 and FB2. However I doubt they have changed.
      -I know on their website you can enter your fireboards serial number and it will tell you what probes to purchase. Go to main page and select probes in the drop down menu.

Comment

This, along with the myriad of connectors in use for probes is why I wish we could settle on using K type thermocouples with the standard mini K-type connector. These are the standard in the industrial process control world and are fairly universal. And a wide variety of probes are already available

Or if you need a wider selection

Comment

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          jdsmith The problem with K-types is size. The Fireboard has 6 ports in a small footprint, which works well for portability, lack of "intrusion" of valuable shelf space, etc. The Thermoworks Signals would have similar size issues although it is larger than the FB.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here