Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluetootth with BBQ Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetootth with BBQ Apps

As a general question, why do BBQ apps and hardware use Bluetooth? Connecting with a device you wish to remotely control/monitor with technology that has a very limited range seems counter productive? Virtually none of us can utilize a grill app from inside our home via Bluetooth so why is it the dominant technology for these devices? Why not go with WiFi only?

I have a number of devices that utililize both BT and WiFi but BT is a constant PIA on virtually all of these. So why BT?

No clue.
    Well...perhaps because those that don’t know any better see Bluetooth and think, "Cool, it’s wireless!"

That and it's dead simple to connect to...no need to remember which WiFi connection is yours, find the router password, etc...

Beyond that I’ve got nothing. LOL
    Last edited by surfdog; June 21, 2020, 07:19 PM. Reason: One day I’ll learn to spell.

Comment

Started with a gasser and was unaware of the wifi stuff until I got a smoker, joined this site and a whole new world unfolded. I have the igrill which is bluetooth and never, ever has had an issue. Connects every time. Got a Rec Tec with wifi and never have issue with it either. For me, it was not doing the research I should have done before hand...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here