Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard: Setpoint help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard: Setpoint help

Howdy everyone
    I gotta dumb newbie question here. I have a Fireboard Ultimate Drive that I won in a comp. I was messing on with a few weeks back and confess to having no idea (a) how to use the drive programmes and (b) what a setpoint temperature is. I tried talking to FB directly in KC but they weren't much help.

Anybody on here help me out or give me some advice?
    Thanks in advance
    KB

Set point is the temperature at which you want the cooker to be maintained (Also known as the "oven" temp or cooker "air" temp), as measured by whatever probe is selected for the set point and placed accordingly inside the cooker. The drive function runs a fan to increase airflow into the cooker to raise the temp and turns the fan down or off to lower the temp. So the fan usually is attached to the intake and controls the fresh air intake to feed the fire in the cooker. This is for smoke roasting applications, the fan _usually_ cannot push the fire hot enough for high heat direct grilling or searing.

there are fancy (drive program like) things you can do like have the set temperature change during the cook or lower the temperature when the meat hits. A certain temp, but I rarely use that and got to master the basics on the cooker first.

Comment

Thanks. That makes sense. At last a basic explanation!

Comment

Same explanation as Polarbear777 , I rarely use the new programs. Like he says it's setup for like an overnight cook where you ramp up or down on the temperatures, or put the cooker in a low heat warming pattern. I just have little or no use for that personally.

Spinaker has played with it a little I think. Perhaps he can weigh in on the programming side.

Comment

Polarbear777 gave you a great explanation of setpoint.
          Here is some info on the drive programs.

Comment

You can run the program as you normally would with any cook. It really is just a program with a set point already set. So it just saves you the time to set the start temp. It also allows you to set up a ramp feature. Which allows the cooker temp to be dropped once the meat is almost done. This also allows you to hold the meat at a low temp, but I would wrap at this point. Basically it turns your cooker into the faux cambro.

Comment

Mighty good of you all to help me out. Thanks!
              KB

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here