Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pizzaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr ROK
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure what recipe your using for your crust, but I'd recommend this one - http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...zza-dough.html

I use cornmeal on the peel before I put the dough on it. Sprinkle it liberally all over the area where your pizza dough is going to go. You should be able to just pick your dough up and lay it on top. Give it a shake or two to make sure it's sliding around on the peel. The cornmeal acts like little ball bearings to help the crust move off the peel. Top your dough quickly and give it another shake to make sure it's still moving freely after you have it loaded up and pop her on the stone.

• Father87
    commented on 's reply
    What about getting pizza onto the peel? Or will that flour also help in scooping it up raw?

• smarkley
    replied
    Now that is a cool thing... thanks for posting

Leave a comment:

• ThePitt
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, semolina flour or cornmeal on the peel before you put the pizza down.

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    Pizza Hut

• PenskeFile
    replied
    Yet another reason I love this forum! Thanks for the detailed info and pics

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Now that is cool... I've a feeling you will be pulling some awesome pizzas out of that thing

Leave a comment:

• Father87
    replied
    oh it was stuffed crust pepperoni pizzas for the girls
    fresh mozz/meatball/basil
    and a fresh mozz/pepperoni/meatball/sweet pepper/ricotta for me

Leave a comment:

• Father87
    replied
    Here we go. Apparently I did the charcoal layout wrong, no wonder the pizzas were getting too dark on the bottom. I was supposed to put coals around the bin not in it.

images, funny, image host, image sharing, reaction gif, viral images, current events, cute, visual storytelling, gif

Leave a comment:

• Father87
    commented on 's reply
    My dough also felt kinda wet.... I did spray it with olive oil spray tho to prevent it sticking to my hands and the pizza dough roller. Maybe that made it worse?

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    use semolina flour on the peel.

• Father87
    commented on 's reply
    What the heck... a franchise or local?

• _John_
    replied
    Father87 I wanted Pizza too, ordered at 4:30 for 6:00 delivery, dude showed up at 7, after I already fed the family.

Leave a comment:

• Father87
    commented on 's reply
    Lol well I wanted pizza. I was gonna go get the Weber pizza stone insert but when I saw that and the price I was really hoping it would be in stock. They had 3 on the shelf so it may normally be stocked.

• Father87
    replied
    Wow. I love it and I'm glad with purchase. Got over the 900F their thermometer shows.

I had a real hard time getting raw pizza dough on and off the peel. It kept getting scrunched up and torn up when I would force it off the peel. Resulted in blackening my pizza stone
    Any tips to make it easier? I didn't take pics of the destroyed pizzas. Gallery link coming soon.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest