Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pizzaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pizzaque

Was searching pizza on home depot website to confirm if they have the insert for gourmet system and this came up as a result. I think I might get. The kettle is a bit much for me to drop.
    http://m.homedepot.com/p/PizzaQue-Pi...001/205581858/

Last edited by Father87; May 20, 2015, 12:58 PM. Reason: added amazon link, has more pics

It was in stock, unboxing and in use pics coming

Comment

You don't wait around do you?!? Sounds really interesting, ready to see results.

Comment

• Father87
        Father87 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol well I wanted pizza. I was gonna go get the Weber pizza stone insert but when I saw that and the price I was really hoping it would be in stock. They had 3 on the shelf so it may normally be stocked.

Thanks for the info Father87. I will wait for your pics then I might consider on getting one myself.

Comment

Uh oh, I just noticed this warning... you sure you want to mess with this?
        Caution: Unit will become very hot.

Comment

Wow. I love it and I'm glad with purchase. Got over the 900F their thermometer shows.

I had a real hard time getting raw pizza dough on and off the peel. It kept getting scrunched up and torn up when I would force it off the peel. Resulted in blackening my pizza stone
          Any tips to make it easier? I didn't take pics of the destroyed pizzas. Gallery link coming soon.

Comment

• ThePitt
            ThePitt commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, semolina flour or cornmeal on the peel before you put the pizza down.

• Father87
            Father87 commented
            Editing a comment
            What about getting pizza onto the peel? Or will that flour also help in scooping it up raw?

• Dr ROK
            Dr ROK commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure what recipe your using for your crust, but I'd recommend this one - http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2...zza-dough.html

I use cornmeal on the peel before I put the dough on it. Sprinkle it liberally all over the area where your pizza dough is going to go. You should be able to just pick your dough up and lay it on top. Give it a shake or two to make sure it's sliding around on the peel. The cornmeal acts like little ball bearings to help the crust move off the peel. Top your dough quickly and give it another shake to make sure it's still moving freely after you have it loaded up and pop her on the stone.

Father87 I wanted Pizza too, ordered at 4:30 for 6:00 delivery, dude showed up at 7, after I already fed the family.

Comment

• Father87
            Father87 commented
            Editing a comment
            What the heck... a franchise or local?

• _John_
            _John_ commented
            Editing a comment
            Pizza Hut

Here we go. Apparently I did the charcoal layout wrong, no wonder the pizzas were getting too dark on the bottom. I was supposed to put coals around the bin not in it.

images, funny, image host, image sharing, reaction gif, viral images, current events, cute, visual storytelling, gif

Comment

oh it was stuffed crust pepperoni pizzas for the girls
            fresh mozz/meatball/basil
            and a fresh mozz/pepperoni/meatball/sweet pepper/ricotta for me

Comment

Now that is cool... I've a feeling you will be pulling some awesome pizzas out of that thing

Comment

Yet another reason I love this forum! Thanks for the detailed info and pics

Comment

Now that is a cool thing... thanks for posting

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here