Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excitement and questions: Fireboard + Pit Viper + 26" Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    jhapka I'm going to drill and install the port for the fan, drill and a probe port, then drill and install an auxiliary handle on the front of the lid for easy opening and closing. So mostly lots of drilling followed by some installing.

• jhapka
    commented on 's reply
    What's your plan?

• Polarbear777
    replied
    On smaller grills like the pk original I sometimes set the max fan to 50 or 75%, but for that kettle I’d just leave it at 100. It won’t overshoot too much as there is a lot of room in the 26.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    Sounds awesome. Tricking out my 26 is on my list of quarantine projects I intend to accomplish. Looks like rain this weekend. Maybe that means I'll get to it then.

Leave a comment:

• jhapka
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the tip I'll look into that. That's a whole ordeal. I ordered the SnS XL from Great Britain when ABC was singing the "there's not enough customer demand so we discontinued the XL" tune. Now I see they're back in stock on ABCs site. At the end of the day I'm happy that they have continued producing it, so I'm not salty.

• Loren
    commented on 's reply
    PS do you have the Slow'n''Sear for the 26" too?

• Loren
    replied
    Rustoleum high temp is pretty good; usually I've found the "satin" finishes at my local Home Despots and Lowes, which would stand out crom the high gloss enamel Weber uses.

I think Rustoleum does make a high gloss too, but you'd most likely have to special order that in.
    Last edited by Loren; April 30, 2020, 05:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Excitement and questions: Fireboard + Pit Viper + 26" Weber

With most of my economic relief money already allocated to more responsible pursuits, I decided to treat myself to a fireboard and pit viper setup. I received the fireboard today, so I went down to Home Depot and got a step bit. I drilled my 1" hole using some clipper blade lubricant that came with my beard grooming kit. I figured it wouldn't hurt. I don't know if it helped but bit popped right through the metal with no smoke. And now!... I wait for my pit viper and adaptor to arrive on Monday

Sadly, I discovered that my kettle took some cosmetic damage in the move from Arizona but I'm going to make things right by enhancing it, touching it up with some black high-temp paint (recommendations?) and using it a whole lot more.

A question: I read a thread about decreasing the fan pause from 7 minutes to 1 minute in the lid-off feature settings so I changed that already. What about this maximum fan power setting? What does it do? Does it have an effect on overshoot of the setpoint temp?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here