Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backwoods Chubby 3400 - Fireboard Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backwoods Chubby 3400 - Fireboard Fan

Hi fellow cookers,
    I'm new to forum. I just ordered the 3400 and am considering the fireboard and fireboard fan for temp control. Any insight? I'm unable to find any info on if an adapter is needed for mounting the fan. The reviews on the fireboard all seem good. It seems like using their adapter and fan would be the cleanest solution if it mounts directly.

Thanks for any help!!

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta.
    Can't help you with insight, but I'll certainly be watching this post. I have a LSG insulated cabinet coming in a few weeks with the same combo. We can learn together.
    Last edited by ofelles; April 13, 2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you.

Some one should be around soon that can help out.
      Spinaker Alphonse
      Last edited by HouseHomey; April 13, 2020, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Thank you. It seems like a great site

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th Pit!
          Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

There's plenty of Smart Folks here that can give ya their experience, an advice.

I jus happened to git here, ahead of em. Sry!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Sorry, but I can't help.

Comment

Here's our review of the FB drive: https://amazingribs.com/thermometers...d-drive-review

Comment

You will love that combo. The FireBoard Drive system works great. And when you pair if with that Backwoods, it will be perfect.

Comment

• Daverz06
                  Daverz06 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can you provide any more insight into mounting the Fireboard blower to the Backwoods Chubby 3400?

• jlazar
                  jlazar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I bought an adapter for the Chubby G2 from BBQ Guru when I bought the Pit Viper fan. The adapter connects on the back vent of the Chubby G2. I am sure the 3400 is similar. No drilling required.

I run a Chubby G2 with a FireBoard and PitViper fan. You need an adapter you can get from the BBQ Guru folks. Bought another adapter for the kettle and use the FireBoard/fan on it for smaller cooks. Recommend a couple of cooks without the fan so you can run the 3400 without fan if necessary. It is easy to learn vent control in 2-3 sessions.

Comment

Thank you guys!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Nice stand/setup. I need to do something like that. No problems with the heat using wood?

Comment

I left about a 2 inch gap around the shelves and the cooker itself. No concern with setting the wood on fire. Here is a post where wcpreston gives some detail on the stand he built for his Chubby.

I love my Backwoods Chubby G2. But I didn't love the height of the smoker when using it, even mounted on castors. You were basically kneeling to load charcoal and the food grates were also very low during use. Backwoods does not advise mounting on legs higher than 17 inches due to weight balance concerns. So I took some unused

Comment

• wcpreston
                        wcpreston commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Preciate the mention jlazar !

Awesome! Thank you. I'll see if I can get around to building something like it one of these days.

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here