Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FireBoard enhancements!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FireBoard enhancements!

As they promised a few months back, now you can add photos to your cook record. This is "off the charts" nice.

I like me some FireBoards!

That is sweet. Almost pulled the plug on a Fireboard since I already have the fans but I'll hold off. My Aubers and Maverick XR-50 still do the job.

Comment

It looks awesome. Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

I like the fireboard and it's high on my list for when my old DigiQ dies. If I remember correctly, the DigiQ was acting a little weird last night. At least I hope it was... ;-)

Comment

• Alphonse
          Alphonse commented
          Editing a comment
          Great thing about the FireBoard is all your Guru probes and fans will work with it.

I have several Guru probes, a Pit Viper and a Pit Bull fan. They all work with the FireBoard. I even bought the Guru Pit Bull fan purposefully to go on the FireBoard about 2 months ago. I use it on an offset that needs higher flow rates.

• Abom
          Abom commented
          Editing a comment
          Alphonse I had no idea! Now I have another thing to buy...

I saw this in the email. Really cool feature. I like it!

Comment

That's freaking awesome. Those guys are the best. I may cook something I don't even need to cook just to try it out

Comment

• Alphonse
            Alphonse commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I too am "champing at the bit" to give it a try.

Man, that is pushing me towards a fireboard, but I must resist. We are saving bunches of dollars right now by not eating out; I may be able to use some of that cash... It is a small box, so I can say :I have had that thing for awhile now" after I smuggle it in... Must resist. My XR50 rocks.

Comment

My fireboard is wonderful. Just wonderful.

Comment

Today is my first cook since updating to the new enhancements. I'm really loving the Add a Note feature. I make a note every time I add a split and that way I can see how much burn time within my target range I get with each split. Very cool! Also, I made a note when I put the meat on because I can never remember when that was with any kind of real accuracy.
              Here's a screenshot showing the black dots where I added notes:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200328-151447.png
Views:	532
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	821692

Comment

• Raijer
                Raijer commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I never took good notes. Now I'm taking advantage. I actually think I'm going to do MORE notes next time.

Just got my first FireBoard yesterday. I got two racks of baby backs in the Chubby to take it for a test drive. I'm driving the GF crazy showing her all the cool charts and whatnot. Definitely a fun new toy!

Comment

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                You're gonna love it!

I sent them a note and asked when these new features would be available on the desktop/laptop app and they said in a week or two that they were working on it. I keep a laptop in my shop and control my pit from it.

Comment

I asked Fireboard if it was possible to see those notes and photos in my browser as opposed to just the app. They said they are working on that. FYI

Comment

Holy cool .... gonna have to start adding notes and stuff!

Comment

I gave the new app a test yesterday. It is very intuitive. I did learn some lessons as I tried it out. It updated to the desktop/browser app within seconds.

It is awesome to say the least. I look forward to the next embellishment of being able to manage it from my laptop.

Kudos to their customer service! I sent them a note last week about the browser app and had the answer in 1 hour. I also called them recently about a failed probe that I hadn't used before and they replaced it even though it was out of the warranty period.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                      Dewesq55 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just recently had my first probe failure with them (as opposed to Maverick where some of the probes failed fairly quickly) but I have had mine for a long time. I was a Kickstarter early adopter. The only thing I'm not liking is that mine, being such an early adopter, can't be upgraded to the competition probes, which I would like. I would have to buy a whole new unit to get that function. That pisses me off just a bit.

DUH... never mind, I didn't hold the DRIVE button down long enough

After mounting the BGE adapter plate, I fired up my drive from FB Labs for the first time to be ready to do a brisket tomorrow. Fan runs fine but I cannot see the fan speed. Looking at the videos, etc online there should be a green graph for the drive speed. Any idea why I don't have it?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Rob_in_MS; April 4, 2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Have ya opened "Settings", looked round any, in there?
                      Ain't got no Fireboard, but th button looks invitin, if I was puzzled.
                      I'm sure somebody with experience'll be along, shortly.
                      Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 4, 2020, 04:17 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here