Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signals & Billows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signals & Billows

Click image for larger version

Name:	905E4989-0E7F-4F68-BB0A-DED89F938F55.jpeg
Views:	504
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	809186 Perfect timing...
    As I’m packing to head out for the weekend, this arrives.
    Wont get a chance to play with it until I get back...whatever day that is.

​​​​​​​But I’ll offer up a review once I do.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too! LOL

• Andrrr
      Andrrr commented
      Editing a comment
      It's brutal having a new toy that you can't play with. I feel your pain

look forward to your experience....only used my billows once, my signals a few more times, but so far Im pleased.

Comment

• surfdog
      surfdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear.
      I have their ThermaQ & ThermaQ WiFi and like them but this is the first fan controller I’ve ever used.
      I think I’ll first try something forgiving, and relatively inexpensive, like a pork butt...just in case it all goes pear shaped.

I’m wondering if my billows willl work with my Primo? Billows is still in the box

Comment

• JoeSousa
      JoeSousa commented
      Editing a comment
      90% sure it will fit. It seems like it was designed with a rectangular opening in mind. It should just kinda clip right in to the lower vent opening.

Spoilers. You’re going to love it.

Comment

I got the same set up this year also. Absolutely LOVED my first cook wit it. Hated the second and the third and???? The ambient sensor probe failed the second cook and probably the third also. Thy replaced it once and I am waiting a RA number to return it. My question is why are the probes failing? My Smoke is 3 years old and the same probe. Not happy at all. The first cook was super though Wondering what to do....

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        You should be able to use the same probes that work with your Smoke, while waiting on the RA for the failed probe. For that matter, you can use a meat probe as an air probe, its just longer and pointy compared to the air probe.

• NotTheGolfer
        NotTheGolfer commented
        Editing a comment
        did an overnight cook yesterday with my Signals/Billows. The device froze on a pit temperature of 154 and put temperature of 235 for about five hours during the night. I turned off the signals and restarted it, and the meat temp was down to 114, and the pit temp was down in the 100’s. This device nearly ruined an $80 brisket. Fortunately, I was able to get the brisket in the oven and save it, but I will never use the ThermoWorks Signals again.

I did use the Smoke probe but the question is why is it killing the probes? I do not know if the food probes can handle the increased temperature of the pit. I think I killed one before that way

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here