Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party Q installed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Party Q installed...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	453.6 KB
ID:	79357 I have gotten the Party Q installed and the Smokenator full of charcoal during some pork tenderlions but I don't know if I'm going to like it or not. The temp on the Maverick Redi Chek read around 30 F higher then the Party Q. I guess I will have to just play with it until I figure it out. Hummm I was looking at these pics and I think I see why. I had the Redi Chek closer to the Smokenator then the Party Q probe, What do you all think?Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0001.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	382.2 KB
ID:	79356

The Redi-Check looks to be in a heat enriched area. The PartyQ sensor seems to be surrounded by cool meat.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard yeah I think that was the problem. I didn't think of that until I saw the pic.

So when do you let the fan take over?

I was thinking of letting the cooker get to almost 200, then shutting down the bottom vent and letting the fan take over. For a 225 target temp.

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard I let the fan take over as soon as I dump the chimney of lit coals in but maybe I can try that next.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, I'm not totally sure what is the correct way. I think with some of the fans your way is best so the fan can get a feel for things. Now that I think about it.

Man that stuff looks nice!

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Jon Solberg the pork tenderlions came out good.

Your PartyQ and Smokenator are on the same side??

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      I'd be leary of getting the fan too close to the coals. 1. The heat. 2. Blowing ash.

I think Meathead recommends the unit at about 3 o'clock in relation to the charcoal, with the charcoal being at 12 o'clock.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; April 25, 2015, 08:08 AM.

• Father87
      Father87 commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely not recommended, I emailed BBQ Guru to be sure. They prefer opposite ends but 90 degree if you don't have an option is ok since you can direct the outlet from adapter.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Father87 ok the next time I with do it your way. I'm just learning how to work with this gadget.

I like my Party Q. Works well with overnight cooking. I sleep better. I found that bringing the cooker up to the desired temp then turning on the Party Q to let it maintain temperature works well.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Pepper.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      @SmokingPepper thanks for the tip. I'm just learning with this thing

Ok folks, I move the smokenator to the 12 o'clock position so that put the PartyQ in the 9 o'clock position. GUESS WHAT!.It works like a charm. That's what I like about AR, people on here will help you with problems you might have with your cookers. Thank you...

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for being a guinea pig

And torturing me with the ribeye and shrimp pics.

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard you are welcome....lol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here