Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermoworks App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermoworks App

Anyone using the Thermoworks app on an iOS 13 device and missing hi/low temp alerts? iOS 13 had some issues with apps running in the background that were addressed but it looks like they are still there for some apps at least.

I had a ton of issues connecting to my Smoke Gateway recently, and getting alerts as well. I solved it by deleting the app from my phone, and reinstalling it, then signing back in. This was at the direction of someone on the phone from Thermoworks, and not something I would have thought to do.

Comment

• Razor
      Razor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately didn't work for me.

I may try that jfmorris because I agree, the app for my Signals is all messed up. Got a new unit from them and the unit seems to function right but the app still gives me issues.

Comment

• Razor
      Razor commented
      Editing a comment
      Same. My first unit did lock up and they quickly replaced it. My buddy had one lock up on him but after holding the power button down for 2 minutes it reset itself.

Mine was flaking as well with my ThermaQ WiFi... Generally I do as jfmorris suggested and simply uninstall and then reinstall...but I honestly didn’t notice that apple had fixed the background issue, or that Thermoworks had taken advantage of it.

Long story short, I use an iPad with "Never" as the screen lock time to run their app. I’m curious to see if they resolved the background issue.

Comment

jfmorris your suggestion led me down the right path. I think I figured it out. In addition to deleting the app I also did the following;
      • Removed the Signals 'registration' to the app.
      • Reacquired the Signals to the app.
      • Reset the network settings on the Signals device.
      Once I did that last step things seem to be working right again. Don't know what caused it, but it's working now and one of those three things fixed it so yeah me! 😁

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to help! I was going round and round with my Smoke, Smoke Gateway and the App for a month or two before I called Thermoworks and they walked me through this process. Ironically, after fixing the wifi and app connection, my dedicated Smoke remote stopped connecting, and they ended up replacing it under the 2 year warranty. They have really excellent customer service.

I got alerts just fine, but my issue was the 4 temps weren't all visible on 1 screen position. I had to scroll to see the 4th (or the 1st) reading. Not convenient. No zoom available to adjust this, at least at the time, I haven't tried again in the recent past.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Razor HTC Andriod phone. I've heard, I think from Troutman, that it wasn't an issue with others. But to me and my device it was. Personally I'm still not on board with needing a phone app. I happen to prefer a dedicated receiver. Simple preference.

• Razor
        Razor commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee Nothing wrong with that. I'm out and about a lot with the kids. I coach 3 hockey teams between the two of them. I'm hardly ever at home so that's why I went for a phone app. The wife is usually at home with one of the kids so all I do is tell her what she needs to do to fix things.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Very valuable for that! Razor

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here