Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Pit Viper Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pit Viper Fan

Click image for larger version

Name:	67280245-22ED-46AE-819B-52161C2357BB.jpeg
Views:	605
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	776577 Well my trusty medium sized, 2year old Pit Viper fan from BBQ Guru decided to bite the dust last weekend in the middle of a cook. Actually had to manually operate my smoker vents....aaaaa

Anyway got on the horn and ordered a new one, it’s a workhorse in my arsenal that helps control 2/3 of my cookers. Hooked it up this morning and it works like a champ. New model is larger, heavier and has an improved damper. Not sure but may even be putting out slightly more CFMs as well. First test run this evening.

So far very pleased, this seems to be a nice upgrade.

Much better design on the damper. Could never figure out which direction was open or closed without removing and looking in the hole.

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, me too. I would open the damper and keep my finger on top of it to ensure it was open when I slowly put it into the plug. Lost track of how many times I plugged it in only to say to myself, "wait...is it open or closed". Then take it out to make sure.

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha! I thought it was just me!

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol! Me too!

Yeah, I ended up putting a label on mine as a reminder.

That new one looks nice, I too like that revised damper. The old one is still going strong, but nice to know an improved version will be available.
    Attached Files

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea. Never thought of that. Love this site.

I like the jacket on that new one. I will be curious to here how it preforms. Just like the last one, I am sure it will do fine. Hopefully it will last longer that the last one.

Comment

That's good to see. Not that yours took a dump but that the new one has the black plastic housing. That's the one I got this past year.
      I just have to remember to put the plugs in the right ports. Wondered why it kept running when it said it was at 0%. DUH.

Comment

So tell me if I have this right: I order the PV fan and WSCG adapter from BBQG, then buy the drive cable from Fireboard. Anything else I need to be aware of?

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          That should do it. Do you have the power adapter?? It plugs into the drive cable.

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm try to figure out what I need for a fan setup. I have the AC power cord for the Fireboard if that's what you mean.

For those still with the older unit, what happened to mine was the wires worked themselves loose from the little internal motor. I managed to get the unit apart but the connection point was soldered shut, no where to reconnect the wires. Word of caution, check your wires and try to secure them to avoid accidentally pulling them loose.

Comment

Ooh, this might just be a candidate for getting myself an Xmas gift. I have dropped mine, so the metal corners are all bent. And now the ‘mouth’/opening is coming loose. Still working, but I like the new design.

Comment

Sounds like you're working up a good rationalization there, Henrik . Keep it up, and then enjoy your new fan when it arrives.

I have both, the old style and the new, and the new is much nicer. Last time I looked BBQ Guru still had both versions available on their site for the same price. Now who would buy an older model if a newer one was available at no additional cost? Go figure.

Kathryn

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              Not there any longer fzxdoc but if it were, as you say, who would want it.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here