Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iq120 setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iq120 setup?

does anyone have experience with the pitmaster iq120 setup on a wsm?
    Im using it for the first time and the only video I found on setup for the wsm said to close bottom vents (with the controller housing over the opened vent) and leave the top vent 1/8 th inch open

I did this and the fan kept running continually not getting up to temp for about 2 hours....sooo I opened the top vent all the way (thinking it need more air) and that did the trick, it has been running about 12 hrs. over night in 20 degree weather with about 10 degree swings.

jus curious how other are setting this unit up on the wsm if any?
    thanks

I too just received an IQ120 but have yet to use it. Just curious, what did you set the controller damper to? The directions do not give a suggestion for any smokers (I'm guessing at #1 position for a WSM) but state that all smokers are different (duh) so the user will have to experiment. That's great advice if you're willing to gamble with a $40+ piece of brisket or a great looking prime rib. Any other comments you have would be appreciated. Thanks much. Anyone else??

Comment

• marshall
      marshall commented
      Editing a comment
      I had it set on 4, didnt really have a chance to mess with that setting, i hope to do some trial runs to get it dialed in at some point, seems like a great device once we get it figured out!

Thanks for your input. I'm ready for the smokin'/grillin' season to begin!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here