Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried using the new Thermoworks Billows fan controlled system on a PBC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried using the new Thermoworks Billows fan controlled system on a PBC?

I bought the Thermoworks Signals and Billows fan, I know it will work on my WSM, but wondered if anyone else has used it successfully elsewhere. I’m wondering how hard it would be to integrate with a PBC and even my PK 360 for that matter (although I am sure that one will take some work).

Thanks,
    Jim

I can't imagine it not working. Same basic principals at play. What would your concern be?

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm guessing fit.

Can't comment on the PBC, maybe HawkerXP can, I think he might have one. ;-)

As the PK360, it has a round intake, and looking at the picture of the Billows it as a square hole, and despite a lifetime of trying, I'm beginning to think they are right when they say you can't put a square peg in a round hole. But I'm wondering if you got a tube and welded a square plate on the end if you could somehow attach it.

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      pbc, pbc, pbc…...

I would think making a new bottom air vent cover a little bigger then the one it came with and cut a hole into it to fit your fan would work.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I guess when I actually have the thing in my hands I’ll be able to size it up against all things possible. I’m sure there’s going to be better ways than others to make it work with all my smokers.

Comment

This is a sore subject for me. A month after I bought my second Guru this was released. I’m too invested in guru to buy another blower.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodson View Post
          This is a sore subject for me. A month after I bought my second Guru this was released. I’m too invested in guru to buy another blower.
          I can imagine. I have been holding off, and in fact I wasn’t going to get a fan system at all, just wanted to upgrade my old original igrill thermometer. When they announced the Billow at such a reasonable price and then had a killer sale- it was time to upgrade.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, the Billows itself is reasonably priced. The fact I can't use it without tossing out my Smoke and Smoke Gateway (spent around $189 on that), and buying a Signals for what - $229? - puts it out of my current budget! I'll keep using the PartyQ I bought last year on Cyber Monday (for my own Christmas), and keep monitoring it using my Smoke for now.... I do love my Thermoworks stuff though...

Just yesterday, on the Thermoworks site, they were showing a picture of their adapter mounted on a PBC. Looked like it was just a matter of taking off the intake vent plate and, using the same screw, attaching their adaptor over the hole from the outside. The install looked easier than BBQGuru install where the adapter is inserted in the hole from the inside and then screwed on. Since I have a Signals, I will probably end up buying the Billows, although I am more than happy with my CyberCloud. Here's a graph of a 275° tri-top cook I did on the PBC yesterday. Temp control was superb. Click image for larger version

Name:	Marinated Tri Tip - Share My Cook.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	735091

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here