Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Party Q *****Don't WASTE your $$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its funny you say that. I constantly have about a 20 degree difference in DigiQ grill temp and Smoke grill temp no matter where they are positions. Did calibration on both and they were within a degree or two of spot on. No rational rhyme or reason for it. Never really cared because cooks go ok regardless, lol.

Comment

• Polarbear777
      Polarbear777 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen cal issues like that as well, I took to setting it 20F higher to compensate, but with that correction, always worked fine. Never could figure out how to resolve it.

JimLinebarger I have found that the PartyQ can read crazy temperatures sometimes if the batteries are low. Could that be going on?

Comment

• JimLinebarger
      JimLinebarger commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

The response from Guru was " I apologize for any inconvenience you have had with our units. The unit tested fine here. All the probes tested fine too. Contact us with any further questions." Why am I not surprised?

Reminds me of past trips to auto repair facility and getting the dreaded "unable to duplicate customer complaint" response. I told them to keep it as I have no further use for it.

Comment

Maybe............... it’s where you live..... in the Twilight Zone.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        How far is Tennessee from Bermuda?

Started with a Party-Q and recently switched to a Smobot......I will never look back...Great product!

Comment

Me, too

Comment

• painter
          painter commented
          Editing a comment
          +1

Update:

I was contacted on July 19 by Lisa Jo Goetter at BBQ Guru about my Party Q. She assured me "she wanted to get to the bottom of the problem and make it right". It is now mid September and not a word from Lisa Jo in spite of two email requests for an update.

I repeat, "Buy at your own risk".
        Last edited by ken g; September 14, 2019, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I also had my problems with my DigiQ as a lot of you know. It went down after 4 months and I had not yet received the replacement when I went on vacation 8 days later. So hopefully it will be there when I get back when I get home around the 1st of Oct. When I had it, it was a great controller maintaining a Smokenator basket of briquets for up to 5 hours before I needed to add more coals.

Comment

I bought a PartyQ about a year ago and wasn't really impressed with it. I've since purchased a Fireboard and am very happy with it.

Comment

I’ve had the Digi Q 2 for about 4 years on my Primo. Has always worked great with Kingsford competition briquettes. I’ve smoked at 220 for 21 hours. Have had to replace the probe but that’s because I think I screwed it up by touching it to an extremely hot surface.

Comment

I'm going to knock on wood that my PartyQ, bought last November on Cyber Monday, gives me a couple of years service. I can see replacing it and my Smoke with a Fireboard or something similar down the road, but for now its all working.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here