Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Viper vs Pit Bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Viper vs Pit Bull

I'm looking at a Fireboard + Pit Viper to add to a 22.5 Weber Kettle. I was wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to the Pit Bull in case I get a larger grill or kamado in the future. Can it downscale to my smaller grill using the Fireboard's option for variable blower speed or is it too large? Thanks.

Downscaling works fine, but I use the viper on the pit barrel and it keeps up just fine. A kamado would’t need the bull either. The bull may be needed for something very large.

If if you want to use it to switch from low to searing temps, these intake fans don’t work as well for that. For that you are better off with a hair dryer or a dragon fan.

Comment

Ah OK. I couldn’t open the details for it on my phone browser but looked on the computer and saw the specs. No plans on blasting it to sear. Just looking to do a little less babysitting of kettle on longer smokes. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Unless you find yourself trying to blow air into a stick burner or large vertical cabinets, the small Pit Viper fan should work for 90% of your needs. Save your money.

Comment

I have the fireboard/pit viper combo on one of my kettles and it works perfectly. I also have a Classic Stumps, considerably bigger, and they told me the pit viper is all I'd need for it too, so you should be fine.

Comment

*sigh*

I already have MCS. Now after reading this I have MTS and MBS! (thermometer / blower )

:-P

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Just borrow against future birthdays. I have had at least three this year. And because of this as, an added benefit, I am closer to retirement now too!

Very interestin thread, fer future reference...
            It's always a delight to share in th outpourin of knowlege, an personal experiences that we are blessed with, here in Th Pit!
            Fer now, still usin th ol tried an true "Pit Hillbillyâ„¢", here...
            I've considered uppin my Game, buyin th "Pit Redneckâ„¢", (it uses electricity, WOOT!!!!), but so fer, ain't managed to crowbar open my chain-driven billfold that fer...

Comment

Yeah...I’ve got my Weber and Slow N Sear pretty much dialed in for 225° after so many cooks. Not sure if I want to drop more $ than I spent on my grill for a temperature controller, but it would be nice to be able to smoke overnight...plus I’m a friggin’ nerd so the graphs and apps are appealing hahaha.
              Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here