Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you mark your probes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you mark your probes?

I have a fireboard and a pit viper for my Weber 22" kettle. I have the probes run through a WSM gasket so I don't want to take them out all the time.

I'd like to mark each end of the probes with an identifier so I could tell at a glance which one I'm plugging into each port on the Fireboard.

Heat safe paint?

Any other ideas?

I use dental or surgical instrument bands. Basically little colored band of silicone that I slip over the plug and the probe. They are rated for autoclave temps but I have never had a problem on the grill or in an oven. I think someone like Thermoworks or Fireboard now sells something similar.

Comment

Likin th idea of heat safe bands, vs hi temp paint.

I'd haveta reckon, th outgassin from any paint would be schnasty, an reasonably toxic... not zackly things I wish to voluntarily include in my respiratory / gastric uptake...

My 2¢, nuthin more...

Read th paint can label, see if there's anything yer desirous to have in yer foods, (or can even pronounce, first look )

Comment

• stratfordwill
      stratfordwill commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking along those lines.

I guess I was thinking of a whole different marking system than this discussion. I mean, the first time I used my probes I relieved myself on them and after that, everyone kinda thought that all probes were mine.

Comment

• Santamarina
      Santamarina commented
      Editing a comment
      🤣😂🤣😂🤣🔥🍻

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Roflmao!!!

This is exactly why I backed MEATER on Kickstarter 3.5 years ago...no wires to mix up! It finally arrived and I have a couple cooks under my belt with it, and I’ve gotta say...

I love it! Haven’t had any of the issues other folks have reported. As long as I keep the base outside near the cooker (where I still have WiFi) it stays connected. Doesn’t like to go through walls...even if it’s close. Very happy with my Meater Block.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here