Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement latch for WSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement latch for WSM

I have looked around for a replacement latch for the WSM and only can find the Southco latch from Amazon and Cajun Bandit. Is $19.12 plus $9.70 shipping on Amazon and $25 plus shipping on CB.
    Anyone know of an alternative? Seems crazy that the latch costs more than the door

Fix your equipment today - We offer repair parts, appliance parts, tool parts, diagrams, and repair advice for all major brands to make your repairs easy.

Comment

Contact Weber. My bro in law dropped a Weber lid which was about 10yrs old. Told them he dropped it and wanted to buy a new one. They sent it gratis and thanked him for being a good customer.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        The Weber latch, like the door, seems to be of inferior quality. I bit the bullet and got the Southco latch

Ugh

I am likely to replace the door this summer

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        The difference is striking. Much easier to control a steady temp. Like MH says in the WSM review, it is odd that Weber puts such a crappy door in its product. I had put gaskets around the door and that helped a bit but the new door is a huge upgrade. Next up is the hinge

Thank you for that, FLB! Good to hear!

Comment

I replaced the door with the Cajun Bandit one before they had the new latch. Now that they sell the latch, it looks like if you buy them separately you have to drill out the hole in the door to fit it. If you buy them together it comes fitted. True?

Comment

• FLBuckeye
          FLBuckeye commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, scorched_porch the latch comes attached to the door. I had to drill a hole and had to get some oil to put around the hole while drilling. Had to buy a unitbit as well

Thanks, I did this last month and I was amazed at the speed the Unibit flew through that stainless. I replaced the latch in about 3 minutes. Now I have the hinge, the Cajun Bandit Door, nomex gaskets on the door and the BBQ Guru eyelets for the temp probes. I have a stoker port for a Party Q and I'm done. It's so much tighter now.
        Last edited by scorched_porch; May 19, 2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I am thinking about getting the Cajun replacement door for my WSM 18.5...Should I also get the gasket kit for the lid and door?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here