Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard + Drive + Pit Viper issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Thread is the reason why I never cook in Celsius.

Comment

Okay another follow up. Did a little cook on my wsm on Friday (19 lbs of pork butt, 30 lbs of brisket 20 over and a 10 over and beans. Crammed it in with some beans. It did it again with the fan in auto mode, I went to fill it up and the blower stayed running. When I closed the chamber, the blower stoped and wouldn’t come back on. So I went into fb app and switched to manual to get it running. When I switched it the blower came on in manual mode. Then I switched it back to auto and it started working again. (That was the first time. The second time it did it I unplugged the adapter cord and worked the treat of the week. When I do another cook in 2 weeks then I’ll just unplug it and plug it back in and see what happens

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Go to your Drive screen and then to Settings at the top of the page. Is your Lid Detection button on? If so what is the duration set to below the button? That's the amount of time it takes for the FB to send a signal to the fan to fire back up. It's keeping the fan from over working. I set mine to 1 minute so it comes right back on in auto mode. That may be your problem.

• Nuke em
        Nuke em commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh. Mine was 7 mins. Set it to 1. Thanks

• Polarbear777
        Polarbear777 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that setting kills my fire in the PBC. I had to turn it off.

Controller on my pk360.

First with kbb. Second with all hardwood Stubbs briqs.

Pretty cool, or hot, as the case may be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6DAAEE19-06AA-4B4E-BD5A-8EA84377192E.jpeg
Views:	585
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	671864

Click image for larger version

Name:	C85F700E-15E3-421F-B3D5-2874426DC54A.jpeg
Views:	606
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	671863

Comment

Jumping onboard to see if anyone has suggestions. I've tried the same setup, but with a Pit Bull instead of Pit Viper. My issue is it always overshoots a 275 setpoint. By the time it cuts the fan off it's way too hot and will end up 50 to 75 degrees over the setpoint. In a insulated cabinet smoker that means it can take hours before it comes down in temp.

It's set to use Auto Mode. Do you all configure the Max Speed in Advanced Settings or leave it at the default 100% setting? I'm thinking I may have to adjust the setpoint to 50 below my intended temperature to start, so it doesn't overshoot.

Comment

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dialing back the pit bull fan to 50 or 75% should work.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here