Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temperature Regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature Regulator

I want to get a temperature regulator for my BGE without breaking the bank. Suggestions?

BBQ guru, fireboard, and smobot are going to be the three top options for you. All work very well, smobot uses the least power (no fan). Fireboard is probably the highest cost, which BBQ Guru "partyq" being the cheapest. Digiq is the middle point at $220

Comment

• Jeff_Carley
      Jeff_Carley commented
      Editing a comment
      PBC modification...which one would you go with?

• SmokeyGator
      SmokeyGator commented
      Editing a comment
      For a PBC you can exclude smobot. That one is for Kamados. Other than that they all work well. Personally I use cyberq cloud, but by no means is it "the best". I can say it works great, but I can’t say it works better than flame boss, fireboard, or other similar controllers out there.

How much are you looking to spend? There are a few options out there.

Comment

I'm very happy with my BGE/Flame Boss combo. More than the Smobot, less than the Fireboard.

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        I have heard very good things about the Flame Boss. I know Jon Solberg liked his.

You can get the Party Q Set up for about $150. This was the first controller I ever got. (actually mine was a model older.) If worked fine, but I wanted more so I upgraded to theDigiQx2. This was a really good controller. I had to get the Pit Viper fan as well. Which you will need for any of the higher end models. But it works well.

I have theFireBoard and I like it a lot. It holds steady, graphs your cooks and you can keep a log that is saved to the cloud or you can download them. Not to mention the 5 extra probe ports you get, which makes it easier to geek out, BBQ-style.

Comment

Auber has some nice ones. I got two of their basic SYL models. The second link is their updated version.

Read our comprehensive review of the Auber SYL-1615 thermostatic controller that we gave a Gold Medal for its ease of use and excellent performance. It automatically regulates the temperature in charcoal or wood-fired cookers as fuel is consumed during those long barbecue sessions.

Auber Instrument's latest entry into the barbecue temperature controller market is the SYL-2615. It adds to the features of its earlier model with a food probe and programmable steps. It communicates with the user either via its panel display and buttons or an app that runs on smart phones. It gets our top rating.

Comment

Went with a Smobot for my Primo and have no regrets. Works every bit as advertised.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here