Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Fireboard arrived midcook! (Impressions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    replied
    So you need to buy a special fan cable to plug say your BBQ Guru fan into it?

Leave a comment:

• wcpreston
    started a topic My Fireboard arrived midcook! (Impressions)

My Fireboard arrived midcook! (Impressions)

I still have my CyberQ and was finishing what is to be my last cook with it. But my new Fireboard Extreme BBQ edition arrived in the middle of me cooking four spare ribs. I don't know if this is their normal SOP, or if they monitor this board or something, but it was Fedex'd to me, even tho I only paid for regular mail. Either way, thanks, FB!

I immediately configured it and put the probes on mid cook!

First impressions:
    1. Much smaller than the CyberQ, FWTW.
    2. It can run on battery, although they recommend using power if you are driving a fan.
    3. I love how easy it was to configure everything, including the Wifi, with Bluetooth.
    4. I like how I can do everything in the app.
    5. I like how I can configure separate alerts for everything, AND that I can have the ping me in the app, via email AND via SMS!

Check out the screenshot of my current cook! I have four spare ribs, each being cooked separately. They're all approaching "ready," but not quite there yet. You can see in there that I've set alarms for 203F for each one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3FD9183EF78F-1.jpeg
Views:	1463
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	621377

In SHORT, I think it's a way better product than the CyberQ for me. Hence, I'm returning said CyberQ.

I DON'T like that I need the fan controller cable, and I like even less that it is out of stock, so I'll be fan-less while I'm waiting for that. I know the G2 Chubby is pretty solid even w/o the fan, but I'm spoiled already.

I also understand that they chose to do it this way because they made do other smart accessories, although right now I can't figure out what that might be.

Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here