Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard fan cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard fan cable

i was planning to order the Fireboard fan cable to go with a pit viper, and I see there are two options, one with a speaker and one without? Any recommendations?

Get the one without the speaker. The speaker does nothing but make noise. And when you are not out there, which I would argue is the point of the fan cable in the first place, you don't need it. Plus if your temp drops, the FireBoard tells you anyway. Mine malfunctioned and would not shut off. FB replaced it right away, but it was annoying as all get out for that cook.

Comment

• jgreen
      jgreen commented
      Editing a comment
      Perfect. Thanks.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      You got it man! You will love the fan cable. It held my Egg, rock solid for 20 hours. And I remotely bumped it up to 250 F and it worked like a charm. jgreen

jgreen

I have the cable plugged in now. I have not touched the BGE since I threw the meat on. This thing works well.

Just remember to barely crack the top damper and make sure your adaptor is tight on the bottom and she will run just fine. Each cook gets better and better.

I am using some B&B charcoal for this cook, with the smoke pot in the middle of the charcoal. I am thinking this will be done sometime tomorrow afternoon. I will post the final graph so you can see how steady the Egg held.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-08-25 21.26.32.png
Views:	180
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	555216

Comment

• Rod
      Rod commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe it only displays while running real time. It would be nice if you could add it to previous sessions.

• Rod
      Rod commented
      Editing a comment
      Randy-Phx I've been playing with both.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      No you should see it on past sessions. (As long as the fan was being used, you should see it.) let me test it real quick. Rod

Ordered it but not received yet. Hopefully this week. Thanks for the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreen View Post
      Ordered it but not received yet. Hopefully this week. Thanks for the pic.
      I think you will like it. It runs like a dream when hooked up to my BGE.

Comment

Rod I think you may have a software issue or something of the sort. In the picture below, you can see the probe temps, set temp and fan speed. You can see where I adjusted the set point to show it moving up and down. When you start a new session, and the fan is engaged, you should see it as soon as you select "Drive". It will not show up unless you hit "Drive"

Name:	unspecified-1.png
Views:	156
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	579559

Comment

• Rod
          Rod commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I'm in communication with Fireboard. I just did a quick test run and getting the same missing info. There's not that much navigation to sift through. Maybe you're right about the software. My current software version is 2.7.8. Thanks again Spinaker

I have the original fan cable. LOVE it! But what do I know. Ya see, this is the cool part about being mostly deaf!

Comment

Spinaker Weird. I just looked at the test session I just did online and all the info is there!

Name:	Capture_.PNG
Views:	179
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	579643

Not sure why it wouldn't/won't show for my initial session when I installed the Pit Viper. Maybe an initial run is required to set up the software? Either way it looks like I'm all set. Man I love this effing thing!

Name:	pit viper.PNG
Views:	156
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	579644

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome! Great to hear and see that you got it running. I second your thoughts; I love all the nerdy information that this thing spits out.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here