Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auber SYL-2615 vs Flame Boss 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auber SYL-2615 vs Flame Boss 300

Hi there,

I have a Flame Boss 100 which I have used for a while with great results.

I'm planning on upgrading to a Flame Boss 300, mainly for the wifi potential.

However, I note that the FB300 has not been reviewed on AmazingRibs, however the Auber SYL-2615 has been, and received a rave review.

Does anyone have experience with both of these units and can give me an understanding on how the Auber stacks up vs the Flame Boss?

In particular I'm interested whether the Auber is weather resistant like the FB is - i know you can't really leave either outside long term, but my FB will often sit there happily chugging away in the rain as long as the ports on the bottom aren't exposed overtly to the rain.

Appreciate any advice / input.

I have the older version of this Auber. Works like a champ, but the UI is terrible. It looks like they’ve improved that in the newer model. I do not leave mine outside in the rain. I move it under an awning I have if there’s a threat. If that wasn’t an option, I’d put a plastic Tupperware bowl overtop it so it wouldn’t get wet. I’m unsure of the newer model though. But, I used mine this weekend and it didn’t veer more than 2 degrees plus or minus off 250!!

Comment

I use the basic Aubers but can't see why the FB300 wouldn't perform as well as the FB100. Don't you have more probes with the Flame Boss over the Auber?

Comment

Yes the 300 supports more than 1 probe, however I can't immediately see any need for me to have more than one probe as I don't cook in enough bulk to require it.

The FB has always done me right, but the Auber is almost $100 cheaper and seems to get good reviews, hence my lack of decision.

Comment

I see. I have two basic Aubers and they work great. I find it's better to be over-fanned than under. I ran 250 on my 22 kettle with the 10cfm and that dude was ridiculously rock steady.

Comment

I have a FB 300 and also wondered why it wasn’t reviewed by the site - I love mine and it keeps things +/- 5 degrees max.

No complaints but if I had to do it over again I’d get a cyberq cloud. The fan is way more durable and it’s compatible with some really cool third party iOS apps that add all sorts of extra functionality. As far as I know there are no additional iOS apps compatible with Flame Boss.

My father in law has a cyberq and loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Breaktheory View Post
              I have a FB 300 and also wondered why it wasn’t reviewed by the site - I love mine and it keeps things +/- 5 degrees max.

No complaints but if I had to do it over again I’d get a cyberq cloud. The fan is way more durable and it’s compatible with some really cool third party iOS apps that add all sorts of extra functionality. As far as I know there are no additional iOS apps compatible with Flame Boss.

My father in law has a cyberq and loves it.
              For what it's worth, I confirmed with FlameBoss that both the BBQ Guru Pit Viper and Pit Boss faans will work with the Flame Boss, you just need to enable them with a hidden menu.

Comment

I just use a ziplock one gallon bag over my cyberq if it is going to rain

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here