Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FireBoard Drive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shush View Post
    Looks great. I too use a fireboard. I used mine for my cook this weekend also. I've a question though, your graph doesn't show anything getting at/near 130F. Did you just tease us with the graph, or did the export of the image fall short?
    Attached is the actual full cook. There is something very interesting I have been seeing in all my cooks graphing with the FireBoard and fan control using the Pit Viper. (I mean other than proving that when your are looking you aren't cooking is not reality) Pretty cool once you see it, but I can't figure it out. Must be some thermodynamics at work. My set-point is always driven by channel 1, which you can see pretty much follows the call-for-heat demanded from that probe. Yet, the fan speed (%) seems to follow right along with the meat temp graph!

Good stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 6.53.59 PM.png
Views:	191
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	429387

Comment

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      That is quite interesting. 🤔

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Could the tracking of fan speed with meat internal temp be due simply to the duration of the cook? I.e. it takes more air to keep the temperature of the cooker up as time progresses, due to the charcoal burning down over time?

Fabulous, lonnie mac !!

Comment

I should say too, I am not a beta tester! I am just persistent with emails. I actually suck at beta testing because I am so easily amused.

Comment

Great looking rib lonnie mac !

Comment

lonnie mac is there a link to get the graph on my PC? Where can I get the new beta version?

Comment

Ok ladies and gents. Your FireBoard Web UI has been updated to show the Drive button in the upper right. So now you can set your drive functions using the web browser as well as using your app. Pretty cool.

Comment

• NWDave
              NWDave commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh sure, do an upgrade on my nonsmoking day. Busy day. But, it displayed on yesterdays cook. Sure is impressive. Gonna love this improvement.

Thanks! lonnie mac Got it going now with the Kamado Joe doing some chicken breasts.

Comment

Great DW! Let us know how it turns out!

Comment

The display shows more than I could have hoped for. Fan percentage, set point plus all the other. Really turns this into a great tool.

Comment

How reliable is the WiFi and app connection on the fireboard?

I have a cyberq which sends me status emails at whatever interval I want, separate emails for alerts and can connect to it from anywhere through the bbq guru "share my cook" website. I can control the pit temp as well as get updates from anywhere. Can the fire board drive do that?

Im asking because the cyberq cloud while seemingly connected to WiFi won’t register with their web service or the app anymore (quit in the middle of a cook) and if they can’t find a fix and especially if they don’t respond to me, I’ll have to dump Bbqguru products and go with something else.

Comment

I changed a set point while at my local HEB this weekend. I have pretty good wifi at home mind you, but to date I have not lost connection a single time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here