Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Drive and Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireboard Drive and Website

Got my Drive a couple of days ago and thought I would just give it a test run.

The fan I bought from Fireboard fits snugly enough in the bottom vent of my kamado (using my KJ Jr. for this run) sans any adapters.

Got it all plugged in but noticed that I couldn't set up the device from the website and had to use the Fireboard app.

I know most folks might be fine with using their phone/tablet to run/monitor a pit controller but I'm not that guy.

Sent off an email to the Fireboard folks asking if the website will be updated to allow the same functionality as the app. less than an hour later I received a reply from them stating that they are working on that now and hope to have the website updated by the weekend.

That's a big relief for me as if I HAD to use just the app that would be a dealbreaker for me.

Anyhow, the Drive is running fine and keeping the temp within a degree or two of the setpoint which is what we've come to expect from pit controllers these days.

One other thing that might be of interest to other Drive users - in case you did want to run an external power supply to plug into the Drive cable for those longer cooks and don't want the bother of running an AC cord here's a link to a small inexpensive external 12v battery pack - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A couple of friends use these to run some of their toys - FlameBoss controllers and their telescopes.

Awesome update, thank you.

Comment

Thanks for the review

Comment

Next up: http://www.smobot.com

Comment

• Histrix
          Histrix commented
          Editing a comment
          I have one. They work well.

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          Any comparative notes Histrix ?

That’s great news! Thanks for the battery source, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Histrix View Post
          Sent off an email to the Fireboard folks asking if the website will be updated to allow the same functionality as the app. less than an hour later I received a reply from them stating that they are working on that now and hope to have the website updated by the weekend.
          Any more info on when they will have the website updated?

Comment

Originally posted by aucivil View Post

Any more info on when they will have the website updated?
            They did update the website that weekend. They sent me an email just before the weekend to let me know they had some of the updatiing done and to take a look at it. Looked good.

However, I don't use a pit controller very often and haven't run it since then so I haven't seen how the website works after all their upgrades were done.

Comment

Hummm, used mine last weekend and didn't notice a change in the website yet. Using it again tomorrow. I'll look harder.

Comment

Did a cook with the fan last Sunday and the online dashboard didn't show the fan. The stored cooks don't show it either. Maybe the website, like the app, has a drive graph which is separate from the dashboard and I just cant find it.

Comment

lonnie mac , aucivil - I went back and checked the email they sent me in October. It included a link to the beta site - https://fireboard.io/drive

It looked fine when I tried it the following day.

They said they would be incorporating that into the main site soon but that apparently has yet to happen. Next time you fire it up use the link to the beta site.

I'm hoping they don't mind my sharing of the link.

Comment

Originally posted by Histrix View Post
                    lonnie mac , aucivil - I went back and checked the email they sent me in October. It included a link to the beta site - https://fireboard.io/drive

It looked fine when I tried it the following day.

They said they would be incorporating that into the main site soon but that apparently has yet to happen. Next time you fire it up use the link to the beta site.

I'm hoping they don't mind my sharing of the link.
                    That worked - thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here