Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another entry into the thermometer market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another entry into the thermometer market

Some things I like, some not so much:

CookPerfect provides perfect cooking results regardless of how the thermometer is placed in the meat | Check out 'CookPerfect - Intelligent Meat Thermometer' on Indiegogo.

Hmmmm…

Not sure 🤔

Comment

Looks interesting, but I have a hangup about the Bluetooth.

Comment

Gents, It Looks Interesting but I think I'll Stick with My Maverick et 733 and My FireBoard‼️ Like Thunder77 I have a 👎BueTooth👎 Thing❓❓ I once had an iGrill that wouldn't transmit through the Steel Siding on My House❓ I Gave it Away with a No Return Guarantee‼️
        Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I really like the concept of the combined meat and pit probe, but I agree the Bluetooth only bothers me. They also keep mentioning how great their algorithm is with determining what the core temp is no matter where the probe but then they say "be sure to insert the probe in the center of the meat". I never had an issue when using my current thermometers with getting really close to the result I want every time.

Comment

I have a different band almost exactly like this with Bluetooth and the practical range is about 15 ft and even then it drops all the time.

Mine has no display on the unit either so if you can’t reconnect you have to switch to another thermometer. I did permanently and the Bluetooth one is in the back of the drawer.

I really wanted to like this type, but until they go Wi-Fi..

Comment

Nothing I will be interested in.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here