Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireboard Control Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Pit Viper the fan you get from Fireboard or are you ordering the fan from BBQ Guru. If the one from Fireboard is not the Viper, what brand of fan is it?

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      No it is not the Pit Viper that you get from Fireboard. But the Pit Viper will work. That is what I am going to use; since I already have one from my DigiQ. I am not sure what brand they are selling, But it looks similar to the Auber fans, to me. The Pit Viper seems more robust.

• jlazar
      jlazar commented
      Editing a comment
      You are right. Ted at Fireboard confirmed it is an Auber fan.

Thanks. I had a pit viper with a digiq a while back but have sold both, duh! Will probably just get the cable from Fireboard and the fan/adaptor from BBQ Guru.

Comment

Stupid question...will my PartyQ work with my FireBoard if I buy the cable?

Comment

My understanding is that, if you buy the cable, you use your current fan but the Fireboard replaces the PartyQ.

Comment

I’ve been chatting with the Fireboard folks .... the fan they are selling is a 20cfm Auber. That fan will run very large pits quite well. If you don’t have something big, I’d suggest getting your own fan that is appropriately sized for your pit.

Comment

• Histrix
            Histrix commented
            Editing a comment
            Since the Fireboard offers variable speed control of the fan there probably is little to no downside to using their 20CFM fan on pretty much any "normal size" backyard cookers you want to plug it into. I'll be testing mine out on my KJ Jr. next week - not really expecting any problems.

• lonnie mac
            lonnie mac commented
            Editing a comment
            I am loving the Guru. Got the little round adapter that fits the WSCGC built in fan port. I would have a hard time adapting their square fan to my round hole I think. Ill find out tomorrow. Doing my first cook with the whole setup!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here